Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

61 - 80 of 188 Posts

·
Premium 4 Lyfe - Way Back Staff
'95 XLT: 5.8, MAF, E4OD, 4.56's, 6" lift on 33's
35,912 Posts
I've not been impressed at all with the Ryobi's I've owned. Switched to DeWalt and have been much happier.

What happens when an old spare sits in the weather too long? Sometimes they just "POP", without even being mounted...

·
Registered
1984, 300 L6, smogless, manual 3speed with overdrive.
1,396 Posts
I've not been impressed at all with the Ryobi's I've owned. Switched to DeWalt and have been much happier.

What happens when an old spare sits in the weather too long? Sometimes they just "POP", without even being mounted...

Hell @BikerPepe` that will get you around the corner and down to the rim :ROFLMAO:

·
Registered
78 Custom 351M NP435 NP205 Sniper EFI Hedman Headers Magnaflow Muffler 4.56 Gears Grizzly lockers
1,708 Posts
Picked up some JD per @cobrajoe's recommendation and financed through @canuckistan97 as he sent me beer money and I don't partake in the liquid bread.

Had a couple sips of it. It's got a pretty nice, apple-ish scent to it. At least that's what I got out of it. Mellow and smooth, not a lot of burn going down. Has what I'd call a buttery finish to it. Pretty nice stuff, especially for the price.

·
Registered
495 Posts

What I've had plenty of construction people tell me is buy ryobi and if it dies out on you then it means you can buy the more expensive stuff as you put actually work time on the tools

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
495 Posts
Picked up some JD per @cobrajoe's recommendation and financed through @canuckistan97 as he sent me beer money and I don't partake in the liquid bread.

Had a couple sips of it. It's got a pretty nice, apple-ish scent to it. At least that's what I got out of it. Mellow and smooth, not a lot of burn going down. Has what I'd call a buttery finish to it. Pretty nice stuff, especially for the price.
Yeah I run gentlemans jack when i drink liquor for sure, the absence of that horrible liquor burn is worth every penny to me lol I'm more of a beer guy though

·
Registered
811 Posts

Chocolate chip cookies...

Honest, salty homemade Toll House chocolate chip cookies with any bourbon, whiskey or scotch - a match made in heaven.

Cuts the burn and compliments the flavor.

EDIT: ...and yes that is raw cookie dough between two warm, just out of the oven, cookies. I also run with scissors. LOL

·
Ultra Premium Member
1996 EB w/5.8 TOO much lift, 44" Mudders & 5:43-5:38's
4,880 Posts
...I find that it goes really well with an ice cube.

....and that "buttery" taste is vanilla; comes from the charred oak barrels.
It comes from vanillin, a compound that is naturally present in oak timber.
Just sayin'

·
Registered
9,556 Posts
What I've had plenty of construction people tell me is buy ryobi and if it dies out on you then it means you can buy the more expensive stuff as you put actually work time on the tools

I've bought plenty of HF stuff and never broke it. I'm going on like 8 years on their sockets. Haven't had good luck with ratchets though. My northern one has been good.

·
The Tennessee Warden
96 XL, 5.8L, E4OD, BW1356, 4.56 gears
3,311 Posts
Yeah, my buddies that run their own distillery make “Six & Twenty - Old Money” similar to bourbon, but can’t really be called bourbon since it’s not made from corn mash and doesn’t use Limestone-sourced water. It is based on a wheat liquor aged 3 years in charred oak.

·
Registered
9,556 Posts
Yeah, my buddies that run their own distillery make “Six & Twenty - Old Money” similar to bourbon, but can’t really be called bourbon since it’s not made from corn mash and doesn’t use Limestone-sourced water. It is based on a wheat liquor aged 3 years in charred oak.
Can they make their own fuel with it?

·
Registered
1984, 300 L6, smogless, manual 3speed with overdrive.
1,396 Posts
I've bought plenty of HF stuff and never broke it. I'm going on like 8 years on their sockets. Haven't had good luck with ratchets though. My northern one has been good.
I picked up a cheap HF air compressor like 12 years ago wife said I could buy a better one once that broke, probably why even with weekly use not changing the oil that damn thing just wouldn’t quite. Till my kid dropped it and broke off the air nipple at the pot metal. And that was just last year.

·
Registered
9,556 Posts
look into wood gasefiers

I actually did quite a bit about 10 years ago. I was into alternative fuels for a while. Ive got other things to focus on now but I'm still a ig proponent.
I picked up a cheap HF air compressor like 12 years ago wife said I could buy a better one once that broke, probably why even with weekly use not changing the oil that damn thing just wouldn’t quite. Till my kid dropped it and broke off the air nipple at the pot metal. And that was just last year.
HF stuff can be weird like that. You can abuse something like an air compressor, angle grinder, or engine and it just doesn't seem to quit. But the serpentine belt tool breaks on the first use.
If you look on the air compressor thread there's more info and pictures but my little 4 gal was seized solid when I got it. Thought it was just a bad capacitor when it wouldn't start but it had run out of oil. I took it apart, pried the connecting rod off the crank, sanded the journals smooth again and threw it back together. been working great for years, granted it doesn't get used a ton, but when It does I demand alot of it.

·
Registered
1978 Bronco Ranger XLT, 400/C6 92 K documented miles &1994 Bronco,XLT 85K original miles
806 Posts
This morning is cleaned my work bench, set up my next project of installing the cargo area lights I got a while back. I also washed my wife's and my cars. Major accomplishment was that I organized my extension cords. Yup.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
811 Posts
No hamburger at the store, so had to pull one of these out of the freezer!

...and another Triple to wash it down!!!

·
Ultra Premium Member
1996 EB w/5.8 TOO much lift, 44" Mudders & 5:43-5:38's
4,880 Posts
Had to do the same....shame it was the last one in the freezer:

Cooked it over indirect heat:

·
Registered
35 Posts
Another one down. Removed window motor, popped in some 7/16 bearings, repacked with grease, good to go.
Funny thing was i think this was repaired in the past... missing on screw and the metal cover was bent over to hold it in place. When i did pop it open there was hardly any plastic parts left inside and bone dry.
Best tip I got was to remove the speaker... made reinstall much easier

·
Registered
9,556 Posts
Another one down. Removed window motor, popped in some 7/16 bearings, repacked with grease, good to go.
Funny thing was i think this was repaired in the past... missing on screw and the metal cover was bent over to hold it in place. When i did pop it open there was hardly any plastic parts left inside and bone dry.
Best tip I got was to remove the speaker... made reinstall much easier View attachment 156102
I've done that many times, but the last 2 I got had marbles instead of plugs. I hate that. They had tons of slop and divots worn in where the plugs go.

61 - 80 of 188 Posts