Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

161 - 180 of 184 Posts

·
The Tennessee Warden
96 XL, 5.8L, E4OD, BW1356, 4.56 gears
3,305 Posts
Is it a Coleman? Stick with the familiar old Coleman theme.

lol nice gif!

Anyway, Coleman did make a red version of this smoker. I was planning on leaving the decal on the front and just tape over it when I paint. I like the red though, and Coleman did make a red version. (y)

·
Premium Member
3,686 Posts
Discussion Starter #164
Rust-Oleum makes a grill paint, but I don't know that it's available in a color other than black. I think the key is temp rating on this one. So if you go with a non grill paint just make sure it's super high temps.

·
Registered
9,550 Posts
lol nice gif!

Anyway, Coleman did make a red version of this smoker. I was planning on leaving the decal on the front and just tape over it when I paint. I like the red though, and Coleman did make a red version. (y)
My dad had one just like that, but I think it was labeled outdoor gourmet. As with many things these were sold under various names.
I've been using Rustoleum high heat grill and BBq paint. They have gloss and flat black but TBH it all looks flat black. And IME when exposed to high heat it all breaks down. My main concern with a grill/smoker is that the paint doesn't offgass any toxic fumes since you cook with it.

·
Driving Stuff Henry Built
-90 xlt, 351w, e4od, man 1356, 3.55, sag, warn hubs, 35s. -73, 400, np435, d20j twin, 35s
7,811 Posts
lol nice gif!

So...uhhh...you're not gonna put Gary Coleman's face on it? :toothless

Seriously, I've had some success with using high heat paint as a base coat, then finishing with a quality, but not high heat, color of my choice.

·
Premium Member
4,286 Posts
Rebuilt the water heater. 7 years old with a 6 year warranty so was either replace or flush and rebuild. Went with a larger drain valve setup, 2 new elements and tstat kit, new anode rod, and new pressure relief valve for total of $100..better than a new Rheem at $400. My only advice is never put a water heater in the attic. It made everything a time consuming pita.

·
House of Windsor 4ever!
10,512 Posts
In the attic? Cheap ba*stards couldn't build a house wide enough to put a water heater on the main floor?

·
Registered
9,550 Posts
Sucked not having hot water so rebuilt the water heater. 7 years old with a 6 year warranty so was either replace or flush and rebuild. Went with a larger drain valve setup, 2 new elements and tstat kit, new anode rod, and new pressure relief valve for total of $100..better than a new Rheem at $400. Also had to teach myself plumbing to do it. My only advice is never put a water heater in the attic. It made everything a time consuming pita.
The Anode rod is the worst part. I've only ever been able to get one loose, and I'm pretty sure it had been removed before.
In the attic? Cheap ba*stards couldn't build a house wide enough to put a water heater on the main floor?
dude I install gutters. You wouldn't believe the asinine designs they're building. And these new houses are total garbage too.

·
Registered
1992 XLT 302 5 spd trans, long tube headers, manual t case, manual hubs
40 Posts
Knowing I'm gonna have some free time on my hands (wtf is that?!) At home I'll get to tackle some jobs around the house. First up for me is my replacing a ton of boards in my fence.

My fence is old as dirt and ready to fall over. However, my dad ended up with roughly 480 pieces of low grade Gothic cut fence posts that would match my fence pretty well. And he gave them to me. It's a long story.

So I'm going to replace a little less than half the pickets, at least 3 posts, and about 20 rails.

Here's what I've done so far... View attachment 155841 View attachment 155842 View attachment 155843

This was what I did Sunday afternoon. Just a little test run.
View attachment 155845

View attachment 155846

Then on Monday evening after work, I was able to set a new fence post, set that, then replace a couple more sections of parts and rails.

View attachment 155847

View attachment 155848

For the fence post, I used this crazy as expanding foam. I don't know if I'd trust it on a new fence, but this is just to get through a few extra years.
View attachment 155849
I gotta say I like how the bronco made its way into the story even though it was a house project lol

Awesome softtopper! I really want one. What's your opinion as an owner are they great?

·
Registered
805 Posts
Sucked not having hot water so rebuilt the water heater. 7 years old with a 6 year warranty so was either replace or flush and rebuild. Went with a larger drain valve setup, 2 new elements and tstat kit, new anode rod, and new pressure relief valve for total of $100..better than a new Rheem at $400. Also had to teach myself plumbing to do it. My only advice is never put a water heater in the attic. It made everything a time consuming pita.
...or one of those shorty models in a crawl space for that matter... still, not as bad as having to grunt one up and down attic steps.

·
Premium Member
3,686 Posts
Discussion Starter #173
Plus if you replace a water heater, at least in Dallas, you're supposed to get a permit from the city. You know they want their cut, too.

I gotta say I like how the bronco made its way into the story even though it was a house project lol

Awesome softtopper! I really want one. What's your opinion as an owner are they great?
The bronco is central to many stories. the soft topper is incredible and I was right to hold out for one.

·
Premium Member
3,686 Posts
Discussion Starter #174
Well brakes were on my Corona list. My gosh I hate drum brakes. Talk about a technology that never evolved.

New pads, rotors, one caliper, drums, shoes, wheel cylinders, hardware, and parking brake self adjusters. And swapped back from mile marker hub locks to a set of premium warns (plus a rebuild kit) and new inner two piece wheel seals and a spindle bearing job.

Everything is installed, just need to bleed the brakes and I'll get to drive this thing again.

·
Registered
1986 Ford Bronco, 351w with edelbrock aluminum top end and holly 600.
2,212 Posts
Love the basement bathroom - cool. I've been working on a she shed for the girls. It was going to also be a chicken coop but they make a mess and i though this was going to be too nice for that. Also making progress on a seperate chicken coop. And working on getting a garden going. We have nothing but brown clay so i had a local tree guy drop off about 14 yards of chips for free to make a base then brought in some garden soil, we'll see how it grows - get it?? Cat's been busy packing dirt. Taking trips to coast and fishing holes with the girls on Thumper.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
90 Posts
Insulated the ceiling and some of the walls in my barn/shop. Trying to prepare it for my Bronco build. Its a pole barn with hunter green roof. When the sun gets on it it gets smoking hot in there. I put 1.5 inch foil faced insulation. What a difference! It feels 50 degrees cooler. Of course it will help keep the heat from escaping in the winter as well.

161 - 180 of 184 Posts