Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 20 of 713 Posts

·
Bronco Snob
2,153 Posts
Are you kidding? You're worried about a stupid little virus when Guns are out there?
Super smart Democrat Presidential Candidate and former Vice President Joe Biden says 150 million Americans have been killed by guns since 2007 (almost half the population). So I think your little fake news story about some flu can take a back seat. Good grief.

·
~*~*~*~*~*~*~
9,988 Posts
Stupid little virus is killing thousands. This isn't going away, IT'S GETTING BIGGER. It's only a matter of time, this stupid little virus will hit close to home...

Corona virus stocks are skyrocketing.

·
Registered
837 Posts
Only slightly off topic, but one has to wonder... China was the epicenter, South Korea has been hit hard and yet North Korea has no reported cases?

...and what's up with Iran?

·
Bronco Snob
2,153 Posts
Only slightly off topic, but one has to wonder... China was the epicenter, South Korea has been hit hard and yet North Korea has no reported cases?

...and what's up with Iran?
Iran, China, and North Korea are tyrannical oppressive dictatorships, there is no way you can trust thier 'numbers'. Which is very concerning.

·
Registered
837 Posts
Iran, China, and North Korea are tyrannical oppressive dictatorships, there is no way you can trust thier 'numbers'. Which is very concerning.
Agree, China is already suspected of under reporting and it seems somewhat hard to believe North Korea hasn't been exposed.

But why Iran?

·
--------------
'96 XL EEC-V 347 E40D 1356 411 6" lift 35x12.50x15
4,393 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Kinda why I started out with the "Official" CDC page.

I guess the Congress Folk wanting to put more money
into Trumps $2.5 B CDC Budget request says something.
($8.5 B) according to "World News Tonight", that $6 B More than requested.

Man this crap is really moving....
International Locations with Confirmed COVID-19 Cases

Did you hear about the "Flight Attendant" spreading it around...

·
Resident Nice Guy
2,264 Posts
In 2019, an estimated 38,800 people lost their lives to car crashes – a 2% decline from 2018 (39,404 deaths) and a 4% decline from 2017 (40,231 deaths). About 4.4 million people were injured seriously enough to require medical attention in crashes last year – also a 2% decrease over 2018 figures.
Time to start walking.

Reactions: Want2BS8ed

·
Registered
82 XLT Lariat 351w, Edelbrock 1406 4bbl ,C6 auto, auto locking hubs ,33x10.5x15
2,360 Posts
Stupid little virus is killing thousands. This isn't going away, IT'S GETTING BIGGER. It's only a matter of time, this stupid little virus will hit close to home...

Corona virus stocks are skyrocketing.
The flu has killed 16,000 people and 280,000 people have been hospitalized during the 2019-2020 flu season...versus 82,186 Cases and 2,804 Deaths from coronavirus. Don't see much about that in the news... But the coronavirus... ? It's like the new plague... The only reason they're flipping out so badly is because china "accidentally" tested a weaponized version of it on their own people that's now airborne transmittable and their chemical weapon secret is out. ?

·
MidlifeCrisisUndrWay
1994 Ford Bronco XL 5.0L
1,836 Posts
Having worked through SARS/H1N1/MERS in an ER;
Each of the listed kooties had the same/similar scare-factor as the current Coronavirus.

The current numbers aren't showing a pandemic level yet.
So far I'm not seeing an actual SHTF level yet. :shrugs:

·
Registered
2,360 Posts
Here's some math for ya.. the average flu season is 13 weeks. Coincidentally the first case of coronavirus was discovered the beginning of December, to March 1, is...13 weeks... 296,000 people affected by flu in those 13 weeks... That's 22,769 people a week versus the assume 83,000 by March 1 affected by coronavirus. That's 6,385 a week... 5.71% of flu cases died versus only 3.38% of coronavirus cases died... And that's with approx 165 million flu shots given for the 2019 season...Now u tell me which is the bigger threat... Just saying...

·
Registered
710 Posts
I debated on posting this, but I'm going to do it anyway. I'm ex military. I'm still good friends with a lot of people I met / served with over the years. Many of them work for various agencies. No super spy type stuff - just real people - doing many times pretty tough jobs for not a whole lot of money (contrary to popular belief). Several of them hold positions in organizations where they are considered first responders - so they communication directly from DHS and CDC when things like this happens, bad flu season etc. It's not classified - it's not secret.

The information they are receiving follows what the DHS reported AFTER the CDC came out in a press conference and pretty much went against what they have posted on their own website.

See for yourself at cdc.gov

This issue will now be turned into a political hot button issue. Because for the opposing party right now - there is NO downside. If the Coronavirus comes and goes (like SARS etc etc etc) for the United States - guess what - they move on. If it does get worse - they use it for political leverage.

There are tons of people online using the guesstimated fatality rate of Coronavirus based on Chinese and other countries numbers. Then they state that rate is MUCH higher than the mortality rate of the flu - but they use the mortality rate for flu from the CDC / United States. The estimated mortality rate of influenza in China is about the same as what people are saying about Coronavirus.

The preventative measures for Coronavirus are no different than anything else that is viral and spread in similar manners. In fact the NIH even tried to tell people last night we already have anti-virals in places that they are currently testing and a vaccine is already getting ready for human trials. This isn't some new virus - it's a newly "discovered" mutation of a known virus family.

·
Registered
837 Posts
Whole lot of truth to ponder about in both of those posts @BroncoMom and @ctandc.

Leave it to Bronco owners to be logical.

·
Registered
837 Posts
Time to start walking.
Oh, no, no, no, no... pish-posh on disease, we need to apply new "Virginia" gun control logic to that problem:

Red cars are statistically more likely to speed. Speed is a contributing factor to accidents and death, therefore every red car and track should immediately be outlawed and turned over to the government without financial compensation... or something along those lines.

·
Registered
837 Posts
Oh, no, no, no, no... pish-posh on disease, we need to apply new "Virginia" gun control logic to that problem:

Red cars are statistically more likely to speed. Speed is a contributing factor to accidents and death, therefore every red car and track should immediately be outlawed and turned over to the government without financial compensation... or something along those lines.
And apparently the price of your car as well... If you drive an expensive car you're probably a jerk, scientists say https://www.cnn.com/2020/02/26/world/expensive-car-drivers-study-scli-scn-intl/index.html

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,018 Posts
When everything is a Pandemic then really nothing is a Pandemic.

To tell you the truth the Zeka Virus scared me a whole hell of a lot more than the Corona Virus does!!! Zeka is transmitted by mosquito's so good luck stopping the spread of that one. The long term health affects (of the population and economy) would be much more devastating with Zeka. Sure you lose some the elderly and sick with the Corona but Zeka affects pregnancy. You end up with a bunch of balloon headed kids that will need some kind of care for the rest of their lives. With Corona you actually save the Economy some money on long term care for the sick and elderly by natural selection.

We have just now developed a blood test to determine if a person has been exposed to Corona,,, but did not show any symptoms. Look at the children in the affected areas. Right now it shows that they are hardly affected by the Virus....Could it be that they just don't show symptoms? If that is the case maybe 90% of the population of the affected areas in China have already been exposed and only a very small amount actually show symptoms and a very small amount of them get sick enough to go the hospital... and a small amount of them actually die.

·
Registered
837 Posts
The latest 'Deep State' conspiracy theory from Politico:

Dr. Nancy Messonnier, head of the CDC’s National Center for Immunization and Respiratory Diseases making public statements on the outbreak is the sister of Rod Rosenstein, the former deputy attorney general who oversaw the Mueller probe and, according to a disputed report, once discussed removing Trump from office.

Restrict travel from China, get accused of being a xenophobe and over reacting; then get accused of not doing enough; appoint Vice President to coordinate response, get accused of not putting the right person in charge.

Damned if you do, damned if you don't.

Nancy and Chuck have now politically weaponized funding to address COVID-19 that appears to do a lot more and last way longer than what initially seems necessary. Shocking right? Is this really the time for "pork barrel politics"?

What a cluster...

·
Premium Member
1,753 Posts
Nancy and Chuck have now politically weaponized funding to address COVID-19 that appears to do a lot more and last way longer than what initially seems necessary. Shocking right? Is this really the time for "pork barrel politics"?

What a cluster...
I think they're hoping to start a depression so they can blame Trump. They sure are helping to feed a selling frenzy on Wall Street which could turn into that.

·
--------------
'96 XL EEC-V 347 E40D 1356 411 6" lift 35x12.50x15
4,393 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Wow, so here is this possible "Pandemic" being reduced to what ??.

You all can spiel, just remember, Knowledge IS Power & Survival.

Today news.

1st known U.S. case of "Possible" community spread,
coincidentally it's in the immediate are of Travis A.F.B
(one of the Installations currently used for Quarantine.)
California undertakes massive effort to trace contacts of woman with coronavirus

In this article below,
A 22 year old Soccer Athlete Died.
It is mentioned in this article along with some Iranian & other country's being Infected,
Some areas are even temporarily stopping their religious services & pilgrimages.

Also, the article says the White House is "clamping down" on Govt. Health Officials & Scientists about
speaking on the COVID-19 issue without "Authorization".

COVID-19 now has a Mortality Rate of 2.3 (that number has Grown.)

Coronavirus Live Updates: Cases Soar in Middle East and Europe; C.D.C. Calls for More Testing

This article from the World Health Organization is addressing some Mis-Information flying around.
12 Myths About Coronavirus, According to the World Health Organization

Now you can make this about whatever you want,
But Frankly,, I'm Shocked at some responses.

·
Registered
2,360 Posts
What good does it do to get all bent out of shape about a "possible, if, maybe"... The mainstream media are alarmists, all the statistics show the flu this year is worse, infecting and killing more this season then coronavirus and a lot of those are people who are vaccinated... To me... THAT'S a more serious threat then coronavirus.
The president knows this and is putting a moratorium on reports because they're exaggerated, inaccurate alarmist stories sharing unconfirmed information... That's not being informed, that's being paranoid...
Imo, yes, be informed, but be smart about it, be prepared, take immunity boosting supplements like turmeric and Rose hip, avoid large crowds in confirmed case areas, keep ur bug out bag packed and the shelves stocked... No different then any other natural disaster in my opinion. There's nothing you can do but be prepared for the worst and hope for the best...

1 - 20 of 713 Posts