Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

241 - 260 of 651 Posts

·
Bronco Snob
2,100 Posts
Italy also has an agreement with China called the BRI - the Belt and Road initiative, putting more Chinese workers and money in Italy....also, there was the Mayor of Florence response to President Trump's ban on Chinese travel...'Hug a Chinese' day, to show that they are not Racists, just incredibly stupid.

·
Registered
200 Posts
Fortunately, there will be nowhere near that amount of deaths. Unfortunately, American businesses and citizens are going to come out of this MILLIONS in debt to a Government that itself is mired in debt.
Of course there will be nowhere near that amount of deaths. That was my point. Because the local leaders took action. Ass, Grass, or Gas, no one rides for free. There is a price to pay for living, and today that price is being extracted. I do not doubt for a second that the actions taken by local (State, City, and country) leaders will save thousands of lives. In my experience, being out of work and in dept is better than being dead.

Now some leaders do agree with you. For example the Lt. Gov. of Texas told Tucker Carlson: "DAN PATRICK: And you know Tucker, no one reached out to me and said, as a senior citizen, ‘Are you willing to take a chance on your survival, in exchange for keeping the America that all America [sic] loves, for your children and grandchildren?’ And if that’s the exchange, I’m all in."

He is willing to let me risk my life for his profit. How many people are willing to tell their parents and grand parents, "Go Shopping", "Go to a football game", "Go out for dinner", and if you need it, the ER room is not going to be available for you at your age. This is leadership.

·
Registered
811 Posts
Seriously? Do some real research. The virus did NOT START IN China, it was first DETECTED EN MASS in Wuhan, just after the Military Games there. It's already been proven it didn't come from "eating bats". Listening to BS info isn't the smartest thing to do. My wife is Chinese. She was a ranking Police Officer there when we met. Her information comes from excellent sources. I have LOTS of good friends there, and I keep in daily touch with a reporter friend who keeps me up-to-date with REAL info, not propaganda. The govt and media China-phobia won't help make this situation any easier. We here downunder are all in the same boat. Like Swamp said, sanitize EVERYTHING you touch or handle, and avoid contact unless absolutely necessary. Blaming China for this is like standing in a garage and calling yourself a car. The Chinese govt, military AND their people got together and whipped this thing's arse, in 50 DAYS! They built TWO 5,000 bed hospitals in 10 DAYS. After SARS, The Chinese govt put a plan in motion to handle future epidemics on a large scale. We could take some hints from how they handled this, rather than being critical about them. Just saying.
I would avoid reading The Epoch Times...

As is usual, the truth is likely somewhere in the middle.

·
--------------
4,357 Posts
Discussion Starter #246
I hate the political section reminds me of Facebook where everyone is entitled to their opinion. Some people's opinion really isnt worth poop. Wish I could find a way on the new forum layout to hide this section.
Trying to Understand your reasoning
for this post @GetBent4x4 ..
Have you been Ignored or do you not agree
with some things shared by Others?

Oh, and by the way while i have you,
I thought your post with the Video of
the older couple was Great....
Thank You for that "Perspective"....
just sayin'.

·
--------------
4,357 Posts
Discussion Starter #247
And here is my today good news.

If you sew,
(Or maybe your Woman)

and you can not find masks anywhere.
(Like Me)

check out this Link for homemade ppe masks.
(Patterns available too.)
How to make a face mask that is effective against coronavirus

As ALWAYS, verify b-4 trusting your life to them.
(Heppa Filter Paper,,,,)

If You make any let us know how it goes.

·
Registered
1984, 300 L6, smogless, manual 3speed with overdrive.
1,396 Posts
And here is my today good news.

If you sew,
(Or maybe your Woman)

and you can not find masks anywhere.
(Like Me)

check out this Link for homemade ppe masks.
(Patterns available too.)
How to make a face mask that is effective against coronavirus

As ALWAYS, verify b-4 trusting your life to them.
(Heppa Filter Paper,,,,)

If You make any let us know how it goes.
My wife intends to : BUT THESE WILL NOT STOP YOU FROM GETTING IT !!!
They prevent a person from projecting there mucus farther. That’s all.

·
--------------
4,357 Posts
Discussion Starter #249
I'm NOT saying these masks are the "Perfect Answer" to protect us Mojo.
If you read all the info you would see things like .03 Micron Filter Sheets,
vacuum cleaner Heppa Filter bags... (all would need to be cut to fit).

For Me, it would be better than what i do have.
Which is currently Nothing
(My LiL' Missus Starts on them Tomorrow)

and my disclaimer included,
"As ALWAYS,,, Verify b-4 trusting your Life to them"
(Well Crap, now that just sounded like some "B.S. Corporate Cop-Out" line).

then there is this option,
MIRA Safety - Gas Masks & Personal Protective Equipment

Stay Safe Brudda'

·
Registered
9,554 Posts
Seriously? Do some real research. The virus did NOT START IN China, it was first DETECTED EN MASS in Wuhan, just after the Military Games there. It's already been proven it didn't come from "eating bats". Listening to BS info isn't the smartest thing to do. My wife is Chinese. She was a ranking Police Officer there when we met. Her information comes from excellent sources. I have LOTS of good friends there, and I keep in daily touch with a reporter friend who keeps me up-to-date with REAL info, not propaganda. The govt and media China-phobia won't help make this situation any easier. We here downunder are all in the same boat. Like Swamp said, sanitize EVERYTHING you touch or handle, and avoid contact unless absolutely necessary. Blaming China for this is like standing in a garage and calling yourself a car. The Chinese govt, military AND their people got together and whipped this thing's arse, in 50 DAYS! They built TWO 5,000 bed hospitals in 10 DAYS. After SARS, The Chinese govt put a plan in motion to handle future epidemics on a large scale. We could take some hints from how they handled this, rather than being critical about them. Just saying.
The US had a pandemic response unit (probably the wrong name but you get the gist). It was disbanded and never replaced.

Or prevent something like this: (it's kinda gross)
The issue with masks is that they can keep germs from reaching your mouth, but they're still on the mask. They have to be changed regularly and can't be reused. Also if you touch the mask your hands will spread the germs. Same goes for gloves. I see people wearing gloves and it's just stupid because these people are handling phones, wallets, touching their faces, clothes and other body parts. The gloves are keeping germs off your hands but they're still spreading. Think of it this way. Imagine you're a plumber and have to work on a sewer line. You get shit on your hands. The gloves will keep the shit off your hands, but anything you touch still gets shit on it.

Side note. I'm pretty sure shop vac filters come in low micron ratings too so if you really were desperate you could cut the ends off one and flatten out the filter element to make masks. That's honestly probably not helpful but it's just a thought.

·
Registered
82 XLT Lariat 351w, Edelbrock 1406 4bbl ,C6 auto, auto locking hubs ,33x10.5x15
2,196 Posts

·
Registered
1,396 Posts
Not blaming and was NOT yelling at you just making sure we all know there not going to stop it, now the homemade ones were assuming can be disinfected and washed then reused but only to keep your yucky from flying all over. Being on Ssi disability we can’t afford the fabric but one of her fabric stores on line is donating it she’s going to make 64 and we’re going to donate them to our community.
Don’t want to start another tread but to top this issue off we just got a warning from National weather and our local scanner that we have a tsunami warning from a 7.? In Russia I’m dubbing it the “Russian Roulette”

·
Registered
9,554 Posts

Not blaming and was NOT yelling at you just making sure we all know there not going to stop it, now the homemade ones were assuming can be disinfected and washed then reused but only to keep your yucky from flying all over. Being on Ssi disability we can’t afford the fabric but one of her fabric stores on line is donating it she’s going to make 64 and we’re going to donate them to our community.
Don’t want to start another tread but to top this issue off we just got a warning from National weather and our local scanner that we have a tsunami warning from a 7.? In Russia I’m dubbing it the “Russian Roulette”
How do you disinfect masks anyway? They would need to be fabric to hold up in the wash.

Reminds me of the russian woodpecker. Shits goin down boys!

·
Registered
1,396 Posts

How do you disinfect masks anyway? They would need to be fabric to hold up in the wash.

Reminds me of the russian woodpecker. Shits goin down boys!
They are fabric, homemade... I can only assume alcohol soak?! Won’t really know til TLW gets the fabric and elastic in hand but Lysol can disinfect if all else fails... but like I said it just keeps YOU from throwing YOUR germs around.
On a positive note tsunami warning cancelled... guess they just figured we DIDN’T have enough stress as a coastal community!!! Glad they threatened off the freakin tourist!

·
Registered
2,196 Posts
Much respect for u @pfun41 but please don't come at me with a Snopes piece as a legitimate factual rebuttal source. Everyone knows they're paid bullshit run by 2 people with zero investigative background who have even admitted what they do is bullshit.

·
Registered
2,196 Posts
And you'd disinfect the mask by spraying it with Lysol... Lysol kills Corona.

·
Registered
1,007 Posts
Once the distribution centers go down the supply chain stops. Not just Amazon... food distribution....medicine....everything eventually passes through a distribution center at one point or another. We have a very efficient supply chain. Large DC's where built in order to handle the movement of goods cost effectively. Not a lot of local mom & pop warehouses stock piling goods anymore. I already know the exact location of three large food distribution centers on the north side of Atlanta..... since I managed a couple of them already.

·
--------------
4,357 Posts
Discussion Starter #259
I'm right there with You on All Points Mojo.

What did russia do?
accidently blow up their nuclear powered electrical generator ship?

·
--------------
4,357 Posts
Discussion Starter #260
Once the distribution centers go down the supply chain stops. Not just Amazon... food distribution....medicine....everything eventually passes through a distribution center at one point or another. We have a very efficient supply chain. Large DC's where built in order to handle the movement of goods cost effectively. Not a lot of local mom & pop warehouses stock piling goods anymore. I already know the exact location of three large food distribution centers on the north side of Atlanta..... since I managed a couple of them already.

Now there is some "Addresses" that would be worth knowing....

241 - 260 of 651 Posts