Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

261 - 280 of 769 Posts

·
--------------
'96 XL EEC-V 347 E40D 1356 411 6" lift 35x12.50x15
4,409 Posts
Discussion Starter #261

How do you disinfect masks anyway? They would need to be fabric to hold up in the wash.

Reminds me of the russian woodpecker. Shits goin down boys!
They are fabric, homemade... I can only assume alcohol soak?! Won’t really know til TLW gets the fabric and elastic in hand but Lysol can disinfect if all else fails... but like I said it just keeps YOU from throwing YOUR germs around.
On a positive note tsunami warning cancelled... guess they just figured we DIDN’T have enough stress as a coastal community!!! Glad they threatened off the freakin tourist!
I recall in one of the videos, they mentioned leaving a
slit in the edges (Between the ear holders)
so you could slip in / replace the Filtering Medium..

to Me while the filter packets sound good,
the front seam sounds like an expressway for contagions...

I kinda like the design of the "Pleated" face mask,
with the slit on the side,
you could replace the filter media packet
from 1 end And better protect your nose / mouth
than the other style.

Washing the cloth cover,
remove filter media, wash / sanatize in Clorox.
(at like at 1 to 8 ratio if i recall)??? - Verify....

Or like Moms recommended,,, use Lysol.

·
Registered
1984, 300 L6, smogless, manual 3speed with overdrive.
1,476 Posts
No go to add fabric softener sheets they are a no no.... the positively charge the fabric and make it an attractant for microbes. Remember this can infect you if it comes in contact with your eyes as well, someone cough or sneezes in your zone it can get in unprotected eyes.

Reactions: White Dragon

·
Premium 4 Lyfe - Way Back Staff
'95 XLT: 5.8, MAF, E4OD, 4.56's, 6" on 33's
36,081 Posts
Just going to drop another vid off here. Glenn Beck interviews patient in Florida hospital who was diagnosed as nearing death with no decent modern prospects and was cured by HydroxyChloroquine... the Malaria medication the MSM isn't talking about.

·
Registered
1,459 Posts
Here is a link to some of the live stuff from the Senate floor. According to this Senator the dems didn't want oil companies to get any of the money so they insisted that Trump couldn't buy any of the cheap oil for the U.S.A. strategic reserves. I guess their buddies want us to wait until the prices go back up. The dems apparently were concerned that no relative of a government including a "Son in Law" should be included in the language. I agree with that, but it sure seems specifically aimed at Trump. Senate Vid. judge for yourselves

·
Registered
9,650 Posts
Much respect for u @pfun41 but please don't come at me with a Snopes piece as a legitimate factual rebuttal source. Everyone knows they're paid bullshit run by 2 people with zero investigative background who have even admitted what they do is bullshit.
The truth on this is hard to find. Much like any real numbers on the GOP's original stimilus bill are.Snopes checked out as being mostly factual and weren't pushing any obvious bias, they're one of the few sourced I found that weren't obviously trying to feed me an agenda. Fox news is known for being one of if not the most biased news sources in existence, leaning very far right. So I can't take anything they say at face value. What little you can find that is not biased will back up what snopes is saying. While it may be technically true that it wasn't completely disbanded the people in charge were fired, the head team dispanded, and the responsibilities doled out to another department or area or whatever. ( don't remember the proper term and I admit that but you get the gist).

It's like if you had a dedicated parts department at a car dealership, Fired the few knowledgeable guys in the the department, then made the mechanics take on the responsibilities.
I guess you technically still have a parts department but it ain't gonna work very well.

I recall in one of the videos, they mentioned leaving a
slit in the edges (Between the ear holders)
so you could slip in / replace the Filtering Medium..

to Me while the filter packets sound good,
the front seam sounds like an expressway for contagions...

I kinda like the design of the "Pleated" face mask,
with the slit on the side,
you could replace the filter media packet
from 1 end And better protect your nose / mouth
than the other style.

Washing the cloth cover,
remove filter media, wash / sanatize in Clorox.
(at like at 1 to 8 ratio if i recall)??? - Verify....

Or like Moms recommended,,, use Lysol.
You would have to wash the whole thing to get germs off. Even with my 3m respirator which is mostly rubber you would have to wash the whole thing even if you replaced the filters.
Here is a link to some of the live stuff from the Senate floor. According to this Senator the dems didn't want oil companies to get any of the money so they insisted that Trump couldn't buy any of the cheap oil for the U.S.A. strategic reserves. I guess their buddies want us to wait until the prices go back up. The dems apparently were concerned that no relative of a government including a "Son in Law" should be included in the language. I agree with that, but it sure seems specifically aimed at Trump. Senate Vid. judge for yourselves
I presume you mean Jared Kushner. I just learned of him recently. He can get fucked with a cactus too. He made his money being a slimy slumlord. IMHO no money should be going toward bailing out corporations or any of these people. They make more than enough money to survive this shit. Jeff bezos, one of the richest people alive, set up a relief fund for amazon workers that is open for public donations. That's bullshit This may be a bit too political for this thread though.

Stay at home has been requested for Orange county. It was just ordered for Pinellas county. Nothing ordered for my area yet but I presume I'm considered essential.

·
Registered
848 Posts
While it may be technically true that it wasn't completely disbanded the people in charge were fired, the head team dispanded, and the responsibilities doled out to another department or area or whatever. ( don't remember the proper term and I admit that but you get the gist).

It's like if you had a dedicated parts department at a car dealership, Fired the few knowledgeable guys in the the department, then made the mechanics take on the responsibilities.
I guess you technically still have a parts department but it ain't gonna work very well.
Hindsight is a double edged sword. In the 80's the US Army was training for chemical warfare with the Russians. With the collapse of the Soviet Union, that threat diminished and training changed. Those frontline skills would be helpful with today's pandemic, but no one is questioning a 40-year old change in Army doctrine... at least not yet.

I like your analogy with a parts department, but let's make it a bit more relevant to what really happened:

Car dealership with a parts department with a manager, assistant manager and two counter folks who really know what's going on. A new GM comes in (cough - John Bolton - cough) and fires the manager and assistant manager to save money. It might be weird that the two counter guys now report to the manager of the maintenance department, but the skilled guys on the counter are still there doing there job.

Based on the Washington Post article Snopes linked, that's exactly what happened. Would the response time have been shortened if those leaders had been in place? Sure, but it's not the end of days failing it's being made out to be.

Found this excerpt from the Post article interesting: "NSC spokesman Robert Palladino said Wednesday the administration “remains committed to global health, global health security and biodefense, and will continue to address these issues with the same resolve under the new structure.”

Another administration official, who spoke on the condition of anonymity because he was not authorized to discuss the issue publicly, acknowledged it was only one of many administration priorities. “In a world of limited resources, you have to pick and choose,” he said. “We lost a little bit of the leadership, but the expertise remains.”

Ziemer is a well-respected public health leader who was considered highly effective leading the President’s Malaria Initiative under George W. Bush and Barack Obama before joining the NSC last year. "

Note that Ziemer wasn't sitting around just waiting for a pandemic under Bush and Obama.

And on a positive note; an opinion piece from the WSJ suggesting mortality rates may be way lower than we've been discussing

Opinion | Is the Coronavirus as Deadly as They Say?

·
Registered
1,459 Posts
So, my analogy of the analogies is this. When heads of departments that are good at what they do are removed to save money it is extremely difficult for the department to remain good at what they do. Take for example the parts guys left with the maintenance manager. The maintenance manager might be able to understand that they go through a crap ton of 5.7 oil filters every day out in the service bays so keeping enough of them in stock is important. The counter guys who are selling parts to all of the parts stores and service shops know that the alternators on those 5.7's fail at a crazy rate so they need their stock of those to keep their customers happy. Unless the counter guys can relay that necessity to the maintenance guy effectively and said maintenance guy understands this and doesn't decide that due to overhead he will cut the order by 35 or 40% there are going to be problems.
We had 5 bosses in the first 3 years I was at my job and none of them should have been in charge of a maintenance department. My current boss is trying to find the funds and convince his bosses that we need all of this money because so much stuff was neglected like roofs, parking lots, generator load testing,20 year old kitchen equipment, epoxy floors,tile floors etc. My boss's bosses want to know why if this stuff was really that important that it wasn't done before. They insinuate that maybe he is full of $h!t and this stuff isn't all that important and that the green roof they want to add when renovating a currently empty building for over $4million is actually a better use of available funds. Just because someone is good at managing one department doesn't make them good at managing all of them.
Swamp

·
--------------
'96 XL EEC-V 347 E40D 1356 411 6" lift 35x12.50x15
4,409 Posts
Discussion Starter #269

·
Registered
9,650 Posts
This is the ultimate sign of the apocalypse. I wasn't worried until now

So, my analogy of the analogies is this. When heads of departments that are good at what they do are removed to save money it is extremely difficult for the department to remain good at what they do. Take for example the parts guys left with the maintenance manager. The maintenance manager might be able to understand that they go through a crap ton of 5.7 oil filters every day out in the service bays so keeping enough of them in stock is important. The counter guys who are selling parts to all of the parts stores and service shops know that the alternators on those 5.7's fail at a crazy rate so they need their stock of those to keep their customers happy. Unless the counter guys can relay that necessity to the maintenance guy effectively and said maintenance guy understands this and doesn't decide that due to overhead he will cut the order by 35 or 40% there are going to be problems.
We had 5 bosses in the first 3 years I was at my job and none of them should have been in charge of a maintenance department. My current boss is trying to find the funds and convince his bosses that we need all of this money because so much stuff was neglected like roofs, parking lots, generator load testing,20 year old kitchen equipment, epoxy floors,tile floors etc. My boss's bosses want to know why if this stuff was really that important that it wasn't done before. They insinuate that maybe he is full of $h!t and this stuff isn't all that important and that the green roof they want to add when renovating a currently empty building for over $4million is actually a better use of available funds. Just because someone is good at managing one department doesn't make them good at managing all of them.
Swamp
Maybe you mentioned this before But I'm curious where you work swamp. People will prioritize some crazy shit and ignore the rest. As rise against once put it "the surface shines while the inside rots". That said, I have never heard of a "Green" roof unless it was covered in mold or the owner had odd taste in shingles.

·
Registered
82 XLT Lariat 351w, Edelbrock 1406 4bbl ,C6 auto, auto locking hubs ,33x10.5x15
2,403 Posts
One of the main priorities president Trump has had since day 1 was to eliminate/consolidate redundancy and redundant divisions within our government... When our government is the largest employer in the country (something like 2.2 million employees) that's a problem... My hubby is a maintenance guy (plastic injection molding machines) so i get what y'all are saying... 5 bosses... Wow.i imagine not a whole lot gets done there... Reminds me of the movie office space... If you have other divisions working on the same related stuff why do u need a separate entity doing the same thing (think DHS, Homeland security, and all the others). If you can dissolve a division and have another absorb the responsibility while reducing redundancy (5 managers) while still being able to effectively get the job done quicker and cheaper, where's the problem? Yeah there's going to be restructuring and a little chaos for a bit but in the end it's more efficient..
Again, it's just the media Glory holing the parts of the story they want to make the administration look bad...
Oh... And fox might be biased... But tell me CNN NBC ABC and the rest aren't just as biased the other way...

·
Registered
848 Posts
No More Waffle House????
(Were screwed)
Now it will be,
Scattered, Splattered & Smothered.....
Funny, sent that to my son. We are all in agreement... the apocalypse has arrived.

Mmm... 4:30AM and I want hash browns now: smothered, covered and chunked.

·
Registered
1,459 Posts
pfun, I guess the point I was making about the dems making sure that no congressional member family is elligible; which I absolutely agree with,is the Trump hate blatantly visible. They could have have used language such as "by marriage" or whatever. Their absolute hate for Trump lets them show their true colors when they get so specific as "son-in-law". A green roof is one that has a special membrane underneath and then they put soil and grass on top. So now we will have to actually water and mow the roof so that people who they plan to rent the office space to can go up there and be at peace. I bet the seagulls will have something else to say about the new roof occupancy. Broncmom, I'm not sure if I was clear. In the first 3 years 5 different bosses, one after another took the position and then left or removed.
Swamp

·
ate lug
88 + 96 broncos, 96 F250
8,550 Posts
Just going to drop another vid off here. Glenn Beck interviews patient in Florida hospital who was diagnosed as nearing death with no decent modern prospects and was cured by HydroxyChloroquine... the Malaria medication the MSM isn't talking about.

I hope this is true.

Most of these news stories out there on hydroxychloroquine seem to lead back to this study published on March 6th:
the general consensus is, its too soon to say if it actually worked or not, and more tests and trials need to be done to prove/disprove its effectiveness.

There is also talk about Gilead's remdisivir, which is going thru trials right now as well. Of course, you can dig up negative press on that one as well, if you try hard enough

This one i find interesting, but it veers into conspiracy theory territory:
(not because of what it does, but because it lends credence to the theory that COVID-19 was biologically engineered)

Hopefully one of these pans out, but i dont expect to see a vaccine this year.

·
Registered
1,459 Posts
I happened across another article that included some stuff from Senator Tom Cotton from Arkansas. This is a list of the things Pelosi was trying to add with the estimated cost of an additional $2.2Trillion to the $2Trillion stimulous package.
After you read these think back to "Agenda 21 and Agenda 30" and the "Green Deal"
Also hidden in the bill According to Rep. Andy Harris of MD. was No voter ID to pick up blank ballots and Anonymous voter harvesting.
  • Corporate pay stats by race & race stats for all corporate boards @ companies receiving assistance
  • Bail out all current debt of U.S. Postal Service
  • Require Early voting
  • Require same day voter registration
  • $10k bailout for student loans
  • 1/3 of all board members must be members chosen by the workers for any company that uses the assistance
  • Provision on official time for union collective bargaining
  • Full offset of airline greenhouse gases by 2025
  • Greenhouse gas stats for all individual flights
  • Retirement plans for community newspaper employees
  • $15 min. wage at any company receiving assistance
  • Permanent paid leave at companies receiving assistance
  • Pg. 127 PBS gets $350Million
  • Pg.39 IRS gets $278Million
  • $42million for enforcement.

·
Registered
82 XLT Lariat 351w, Edelbrock 1406 4bbl ,C6 auto, auto locking hubs ,33x10.5x15
2,403 Posts
Tom cotton really exposed a lot of her bs. So did Cruz. It's ridiculous politicising a crisis. Pelosi should be ashamed...
Also... We won't see a vaccine and even if we did it won't be effective as the body does not develop natural immunity to Corona. Even in dogs, the 3 strains they're succeptible to, only develop natural immunity to 1 via vaccine. The Corona virus mutates too quickly to make vaccines effective or worth while... Why do u think we don't already have 1. Just look at the flu vaccines ineffectiveness if u need more proof it's a wasted effort. Besides. I'm sure China already has the cure and the vaccine since they engineered this disaster.

·
Registered
9,650 Posts
Oh... And fox might be biased... But tell me CNN NBC ABC and the rest aren't just as biased the other way...
I don't watch any of them. If I want to know whats going on I seek the info myself.

Besides. I'm sure China already has the cure and the vaccine since they engineered this disaster.

TLDR: It originated naturally and was not created in a lab. Spreading conspiracy theories doesn't help.

·
Registered
254 Posts
Can you imagine a country where you have to put language in a bill that the President, and his family cannot or other senior government officials cannot receive government loans or grants? Or that a business cannot use a government disaster relief loan or grant to pay dividends or stock buyback?

·
Registered
9,650 Posts
Can you imagine a country where you have to put language in a bill that the President, and his family cannot or other senior government officials cannot receive government loans or grants? Or that a business cannot use a government disaster relief loan or grant to pay dividends or stock buyback?
Don't have to, I live in it!

261 - 280 of 769 Posts