Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
well guys i just ordered a tranny temp gauge and i want to know what should the e40d on 94 run?and what would be considered getting hot?

·
Premium Member
7,409 Posts
i'd like to know the answer, too.. Is it better to measure before the cooler or after? Or is it a never ending debate like the "should i install my pyrometer before or after the turbo?"

G

·
I would guess 180 under a load, maybe 190 degrees. You could pull 200-210 with AC on uphill in the Gobi desert.

if you pull 250 for any length of time, your E4OD is toasted like a quiznos sub.

Best I can describe it.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I read in four wheeler 175 but it was a general article all transmissions didn't know if it varied at all i'm going to put the sending unit in a test line pressure spot like they did in a article in this months four wheeler this will give me a reading before the cooler.

·
OOPS GIVE A DAMN IS BROKE
8,920 Posts
adding to BMC's idea if ya really want to know put on before and then maybe if ya feel like it put one afterwards to get a before and after reading just a idea

·
Registered
2,379 Posts
i have mine mounted in the tranny pan. it is reading the fuild just before it gets sucked into the filter.
during the summer the trans usually reads about 160-170 under normal driving and during the winter its below 140 with normal driving. i try no let the trans temp go over 210 when i drive hard.

·
Registered
1,008 Posts
My 74 the tranny will not run below 210 on a cold day and 230 on a hot day. It has yet to come apart(knock on wood).

1 - 10 of 10 Posts