Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys I have a 95 Brince wuth a 5.8L, can you guys tell me a deceny price for having the motor rebuilt and put back in?

Thanks, and please no burning

·
Registered
2,689 Posts
Depends on what you want the motor to do. And how much power you want out of it.

Power and Durability are not Cheap

·
Premium Member
4,002 Posts
2000-2500 if you keep it fairly stock

:shocked was that installed? if so were, i'm going there. dealer gave me a price of 5grand for a stock oem +extras like oil pand/pump all the gaskets and all, i'm now looking into getting a bit more from the build, but still having a heck of a time finding a installer.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Cherry pickers range from $150+ and it's not to hard to install if you take lots of pictures just incase you forget where something goes.

·
It's BTW Not AKA!
5,354 Posts
Get a reman longblock and have someone swap them out.

·
Registered
203 Posts
the cheapest way is the remain long block and do it your self if you are going to rebuild to stock spec's expect to pay from $500 to $1500 more then that and if you up grade well you get the picture.

·
Premium Member
4,002 Posts
Cherry pickers range from $150+ and it's not to hard to install if you take lots of pictures just incase you forget where something goes.
thats true, just don't think people would like it if i did it in the parking lot.

·
Registered
1,733 Posts
thats true, just don't think people would like it if i did it in the parking lot.
How true.......I once pulled an engine in a college dorm parking lot at night using a flashlight and a takedown cherry picker. I started at 1:00 am since I knew campus police wouldn't be back until 6:00 am. I pulled apart the engine behind the maintenance shed on a half sheet of plywood and determined it was not worth rebuilding. Got a remaned long block, used the screwed together worthless engine as a core and installed the LB later in the week during similar hours.

·
~*~*~*~*~*~*~
10,123 Posts
I just redid my motor last month. You'll want to redo your block since it should be a roller block, mine was. I had mine bored .030, new cam bearings, turned crank, new cam (FMS E303), new pistons, valve job, heads milled to 59cc, rods reconditioned, align bored the main journals, balanced, new harmonic balancer, new melling oil pump and shaft. I also replaced my motor mounts, engine coolant temp sensor, egr tube across the back of the motor, egr tube from exhaust manifolds, oil pressure sender, oil cooler(stock is mighty expensive on this $235.00) and did all the work myself except engine assembly and costed right about $2000. But my wife's uncle owns an engine shop and gave me a GREAT DEAL on machine work and assembly charges. Paid him $1400 labor and parts. Monday its getting dual exhaust.

·
Registered
2,661 Posts
:shocked was that installed? if so were, i'm going there. dealer gave me a price of 5grand for a stock oem +extras like oil pand/pump all the gaskets and all, i'm now looking into getting a bit more from the build, but still having a heck of a time finding a installer.
No, I pulled the engine myself and need to put it back in myself, and put the individual components together.

I did some moderate upgrades in term of cam (used the Edelbrock from Fireguy 50s thread), had the shop intall slightly larger intake and exhaust valves, hedders. Nothing too crazy because I did not want to get into the SD - MAF conversion arena. I am trying to convince myself that the Edelbrock EFI intake is within my price range, that would probably be my best upgrade. I hand picked every single aspect of the engine with the exception of the valve keepers, I let the shop do those.

·
Premium Member
4,002 Posts
No, I pulled the engine myself and need to put it back in myself, and put the individual components together.

I did some moderate upgrades in term of cam (used the Edelbrock from Fireguy 50s thread), had the shop intall slightly larger intake and exhaust valves, hedders. Nothing too crazy because I did not want to get into the SD - MAF conversion arena. I am trying to convince myself that the Edelbrock EFI intake is within my price range, that would probably be my best upgrade. I hand picked every single aspect of the engine with the exception of the valve keepers, I let the shop do those.
so what size vales did you go with, heads stock? i'm in planing. looking to see how much it will cost to port and port match the stocker intake, or just go with the 5.8 efi edelbrock myself.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts