Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
8,386 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm sure some of you remember this rig that was posted by BNTmike.

In this thread:
http://www.fullsizebronco.com/forum/showthread.php?t=75435

I noticed that the forward cab mount has been relocated:

I tried contacting BNTmike(even though it isnt his rig)here, and over on PBB, but he doesnt respond.
I also talked with David(who he origionally sent the pics to), but he doesnt have any other shots of that front mount.

Does anyone have any ideas on how it was relocated? I dont see any bushings or anything like that. It looks like the body is just sitting on a flat piece of steel...
If that is the case, is hard mounting the cab to the frame a safe idea?

·
Wrenching for a Livin'
6,949 Posts
i don't know any of the answers....but will ask another question.....

Why did he do it?

·
Rest in Peace Friend...
3,220 Posts
I could see him removing the bracket for the body mount to provide clearance for the link arm. Not sure, but it looks like there may be a bushing between the cab and top of the frame rail. That's the mounting position/ type of the rear body mounts. JSM84

·
Registered
8,386 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
i don't know any of the answers....but will ask another question.....

Why did he do it?
I could see him removing the bracket for the body mount to provide clearance for the link arm. Not sure, but it looks like there may be a bushing between the cab and top of the frame rail. That's the mounting position/ type of the rear body mounts. JSM84

That's exactly why.
Clearance for the arms.

·
Wrenching for a Livin'
6,949 Posts
ah, i see. That is a crazy rig.....lots of time and money in it for sure

·
Registered
240 Posts
i don't think it's unsafe to have the cab sitting directly on the frame, probably uncomfortable, but as long as the frame is reinforced with a cage to reduce flex, it wouldn't be unsafe.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts