Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
www.lifted4christclub.com
2,708 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
anyone replaced this, if so how involved is it? mine is leaking a little, not to bad, but want to fix it. i got the seal, just wondering what to expect. also, how many guys are running 38's on stock axles, how are the axles holding up?thanks, and i'm sorry if these have been asked before, i use cell phone for internet and can't search.

·
Need a Bumper?
4,771 Posts
Mine is leaking right now. should just have to pull the driveshaft and take off the yoke then replace the seal and put everything back together. I'm also running 38's on stock axles and the 44 doesn't hold up. I've been looking into axle swaps or just putting the strongest shafts, ujoints etc. that I can in the 44. both options are expencive though. I'm probable going with a LS diff because a full locker will just put more strain on the rest of the axle. If you build up the 9in it should hold up fine. Remember that driving habits will effect the longevity of your axles as well. The more skinny peddle the more breakage.

·
Need a Bumper?
4,771 Posts
No prob. Don't forget to refill the t-case. The think was probably spewing gear oil every where hugh? Mine blew on a trail and sprayed gear oil on the headers and was smoking like crazy. Same trip, Broke the drivers side front ujoint and stub shaft on the 44. That was a fun trip!!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.