Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
0 to hero in 94563.1 sec
801 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok i need help with a couple things i need to re-install my alternator and ive forgotten how it goes on so any help would be appreciated cause im missing somthing and i dont know which one of these holes the the alternator bolt goes into and if there shoud be some sort of bracket or somthing
there are 4 holes

·
green ones make me horny
11,155 Posts
it should only be able to mount up one way and work right.

·
Registered
2,844 Posts
Thats why you take picture or draw a diagram NOOB!! We'll learn you yet.ill post a pic of my 351w in my 78 to see if that helps..........I dont have one on hand. The threaded tab on the alternator goes to the strap with the long curved hole.
There is a sacer that goes btw the head and the alt tab on the top. i cant answer the wiring q because my wire harness looks like it caught fire once. There is a steel bracket that bolts in 2 places to the water pump and has a bolt hole for the top alt mount. unless you had an air pump then there is a cast bracket that doubles as a alt/air pump mount.
I went and took some for ya hope it helps.....

Josh

·
Registered
1,693 Posts

Do you have the alternator bracket? The Big bolt should slide through the bracket, through the Alt, through the spacer (as seen in the above post prior to mine). If you can bolt all of those loosely then you'll see the spots on the water pump it bolts to. Remove those water pump bolts and rotate the bracket and slide the bolts through. Once the bracket is secure then slightly tighten the alt put the belt on and add tension. tighten the adjustment bolt on the adjustment bracket (you'll have to secure that to a water pump bolt to more than likely) then tighten the Big bolt running through the top of the alt. Not trying to be sarcastic, just specific.

·
0 to hero in 94563.1 sec
801 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
i have the curved bracket for the bottom bu i donot have a bracket or spacer for the top could you get a pic of what it looks like

·
Registered
1,693 Posts
c'mon dude. Find someone with an truck and ask them to pop the hood and take a look.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts