Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just a couple questions.

First my tranny has been odd ever since I bought it. The shifter is very loose with about 6 inches of side to side play even in gear. Someone told me it bight be a pin but didn't say any more about it. Anyone have any ideas? Makes it very hard to drive since it takes a couple times and has to be turned and pushed up just right to find third.

Second. The other day my dad turned on the AC and ever since once the B becomes warmed up the oil pressure guage is very low. Usually looks good cold but when it warms up it is normally way down in the low area. Granted I know that it is a dummy guage anyways but can anyone think of any reason for the sudden change? Please let me know and thanks for any help.

·
Registered
548 Posts
Im not sure if this helps. But I had a similar problem with the shifting. When you take the shifter out of the transmission. there is 2 pins that stick out, that the shifter lines up with. If they are not pushed all the way in, the shifter is really loose.It is really easy to fix. Just take the boot off, then take the three screws out holding the shifter in. The pins are right there. That was on my 5 speed for an 88. I hope that helped you.

·
TTB Hater of course
3,100 Posts
Fright, as for #2 that's pretty much normal for any older motor. If the change was "sudden" it's impossible to say exactly what happened as the stock gauge doesn't tell you much........but if you dont' hear any knocking at idle I wouldn't worry about it.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
slim said:
Im not sure if this helps. But I had a similar problem with the shifting. When you take the shifter out of the transmission. there is 2 pins that stick out, that the shifter lines up with. If they are not pushed all the way in, the shifter is really loose.It is really easy to fix. Just take the boot off, then take the three screws out holding the shifter in. The pins are right there. That was on my 5 speed for an 88. I hope that helped you.
Cool was yours a 5.0? Can you tell me how to get it off? I didn't see any screws in there.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts