Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

21 - 23 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
I have ordered the Coverlay door panels for my 1996 XLT Bronco (light gray).

Cost
Rockauto has the best internet price at $400.00 shipped
The door panels a direct shipped for Coverlet in TX and they are built to order

Pros:
MADE IN THE USA
ABS plastic is flexible
Most hardware included
No trimming to fit installs just like factory
Fit and finish is gets a "B" grade
Nice finish Paint and plastic grain

Cons:
Color match just ok
Must reuse Jute padding from stock door
lower carpet did not match at all
"A" pillar screw easily pulled through the plastic. not the end of the world and I should have not used a screw gun to tighten that screw.
Dose not include all screws
Weak instructions
Cheap felt material inner door opener handle shroud
Window welt wiper strip stapled to the ABS (but very sturdy)
Have to cut the door light
PRICE!!!!! for all the con's the price point should be $250.00 max, and they should offer a Kit version where the user will paint and upholster for $200. A 400 price point would not have these above issues.

Installation:
Had to re-drill all of the lower holes but this give you fresh metal to screw into
Simple install if you do not reuse the door light

Conclusion:
If your doors are cracked and squeaking and have the dreaded sun burn finish and falling off then these will be an nice addition to your bronco but at a PRICE.

Things I would have Coverlay change:
Price!!
Upholstered panel make it easily removal
Don't mold the upper map pocket in just continue with the couture
Cut in the window felt wiper holes
Make it a kit

Things Coverlay need to make for the bronco:
Rear panels
"A" pillar panels
Just a dash pad cover as an option for the complete dash cover
Front and Rear headliner that can be upholstered

Factory Door

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I see that it has been a few years, but do you remember if you chose the "LIGHT GRAY" rather than the "MEDIUM GRAY"? I ordered "SLATE GRAY" because it seemed to be the correct color. I have returned them and don't want to make another color mistake. (Cost me $200 in freight so far). Slate was close, but I feel like the medium gray will match. Thanks

·
Registered
144 Posts
I see that it has been a few years, but do you remember if you chose the "LIGHT GRAY" rather than the "MEDIUM GRAY"? I ordered "SLATE GRAY" because it seemed to be the correct color. I have returned them and don't want to make another color mistake. (Cost me $200 in freight so far). Slate was close, but I feel like the medium gray will match. Thanks
All of their colors are off due to your interior fading over the last 20+ years. Best bet is to pick up several different cans of SEM gray and either paint all of your trim to match the doors or paint the doors to match the faded trim.

21 - 23 of 23 Posts