Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
331 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone have experience dealing with a cracked floorboard? I'm curious if its repairable and what it would take.

·
Registered
3,373 Posts
Andy351 said:
wheres it cracked? mine is cracked right where the back of the drivers seat bolts in.

mine too. i pulled up the floor, and used heavy fiberglass on it. crack was about 6 inchs long. i glassed out about 18" all the way around the crack. seems to have stopped it.

·
Registered
331 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Mine is cracked right about there, I've had the back seat rolled up against it to try to keep the rocking down until I could get it fixed.

Excuse my lack of knowledge but how do you go about glassing something? Is heavy duty fiberglass a good long-term solution?

·
FSB warrior
6,113 Posts
throw some 20 gauge sheet metal over it and either pop rivet, sheet metal screw or weld it in.

·
Registered
331 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
If welding is the best way then I'll see about welding it. Its gotta be strong to handle my fat ass.

·
FSB warrior
6,113 Posts
you can sandwich some sheet metal on your floor or stack some... and have a much stronger floor then stock!!

·
Registered
331 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Now thats what I'm talking about man, If I gotta fix it why not it better than stock?

·
Registered
13,891 Posts
If you can hold out til you come down here, I can tell you exactly what you'd need to do, to fix it. and if I had a Mig, or a stick welder, I could even take care of it while you're here - if only. But for the time being, hold out on fixing for now

·
Registered
537 Posts
I have the same prob. cept mine is the back seat. Have big holes on both sides where the brackets are. :shocked NOT GOOD HUH. I would love to weld a hole sheet starting at the bottom of the hump infornt of the back seat to the back but need someone that can weld. :confused: know of anyone in central alabama that can help a bro out? :shrug :shrug would buy a round or 2 of beer :beer :beer

·
Diesel Gynachologist
11,531 Posts
BroncoHound said:
I have the same prob. cept mine is the back seat. Have big holes on both sides where the brackets are. :shocked NOT GOOD HUH. I would love to weld a hole sheet starting at the bottom of the hump infornt of the back seat to the back but need someone that can weld. :confused: know of anyone in central alabama that can help a bro out? :shrug :shrug would buy a round or 2 of beer :beer :beer
yup thats where mine is starting to crack, its just a small one for now

·
Charlie don't surf..
'92 Ford Bronco XLT
16,133 Posts
Who has a pic of where this crack is?? I think mine is doing it also but havn't had the time or the inclination to pull the carpet up.

·
Registered
537 Posts
Mine had the rubber matt. Wasnt hard to take out. Just pulled it apart :toothless . Have not taken the front part out yet. Hate to see how many holes I have under my seat and the pass seat. One of these days I am going to pull all the seats out and patch up all the holes and get a Rino Liner from starting under the dash to the tip if the tail gate.:thumbup Thank that will be sweet. :toothless

·
Registered
406 Posts
Mine are really bad, passenger seat is shakey, and I have my factory lug-wrench to keep the driver seat from going through.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts