Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i noticed i have a crack about 4 inches long on my manifolds.....could this have anything to do with power loss or engine running badly?

·
Satyr of the Midwest
17,734 Posts
Absolutely. Any exhaust leaks are going to throw off the oxygen content being read by the oxygen sensor, thus screwing up your a/f ratio. Get some replacements or headers, and make sure there are no more leaks. It'd be a good time to check/replace your spark plugs, and the oxygen sensor if it hasn't been replaced in the last 50,000 miles.

EDIT: fill in your Bronco info. I just assumed you were talking about a fuel-injected motor.

M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
i had just changed all 8 plugs last weekend. or two weekends ago.
and will it really?
i found some hooker headers for about 127$ on summitracing.

·
It's BTW Not AKA!
5,354 Posts
Search around here for header discussions. It has been covered 85893857 times.

M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
if you look at the crack u wouldnt really think thats its big enough for air to come out but i guess it can.

M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
so could i buy one exhaust manifold for the side that is crqcked and leave the other side as it is??????
i dont think so but i had to ask.

·
Registered
11,108 Posts
don't bother.

a single cast iron manifold will run you just shy of a pair of cheap shorty headers.

M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
i checked out some places here in town and they are all expnsive and i didnt really want to have to order them.i saw a pair of hooker for 127 a set. (both)

·
Registered
536 Posts
Manifold

If you decide to only replace the manifold, I have either side off my 96 5.0 that you can have for the cost of shipping. I got my headers from a member here for 70 shipped so if you shop you can find a pretty good deal.

M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
just the stock manifolds?
i have a 302...will it fit.?
how much for shipping

·
Registered
536 Posts
shipping would depend on whether you wanted one or both, but I would guess it wouldn't be more than 15 or 20 $. Yes 302=5.0

M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
ya i dont really want a set of headers for 300 bucks.lol
but ill think about it. come with hardware and such?
i get paid the 8th.

·
Registered
536 Posts
manifold

No I don't have the factory bolts anymore, but you should be able to pick up some new for cheap. I've had these for awhile just let me know whenever.

·
Registered
11,108 Posts
i checked out some places here in town and they are all expnsive and i didnt really want to have to order them.i saw a pair of hooker for 127 a set. (both)
ya i dont really want a set of headers for 300 bucks.lol
but ill think about it. come with hardware and such?
i get paid the 8th.
??????????????

I paid ~138 for my shorties IIRC. Well worth waiting a few days for them to come, rather then being stupid and replacing one with a stock manifold that ended up costing me ~95 dollars the first time I cracked one.

·
Kitteh Commandaar!
4,191 Posts
Yea, breaking things give you the chance to upgrade! Dont loose your chance!

130 for a set of headers is pretty cheap and surly flow better than stockers (I assume) plus I highly doubt that they (new headers) would crack on you like stockers.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts