Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1991 351W E4OD
866 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Saw this on craigslist. Never seen one like it before and I thought it looked kind of funny. Looks like it might be fun to mess around in.

http://sfbay.craigslist.org/sby/clt/553597905.html

HAVE YOU DRIVEN A FORD LATLEY 65 MUSTANG - $195 (san jose downtown) said:
YES FOR THE LOW PRICE OF JUST $195 YOU CAN OWN A 1965 MUSTANG PEDDEL CAR JUST A DREAM COULD USE A LITTLE TLC

·
Registered
1,612 Posts
It's an original shell of an original Mustang pedal car, however, it appears the rear has some "owner add on" pieces to it, as they never had those parts attached to the body.

The wheels - hard to tell if they are original, but they surely did not look like that when offered back in the 60's... It looks like someone has painted the hubs black and/or added the "spokes" as seen in those pictures.

Front grille emblem - never had that piece there, another "owner add on" and the grille area was also never painted black as such.

The side striping and decals look to still be the originals, but again, pictures are not high quality so it's really hard to tell if someone has repainted them or painted over the original striping.

Steering wheel is either modified or not original as well... It never looked like that when sold new.

Pristine examples of original units bring top $$$ - sometimes upwards of $1k. Collecting original pedal cars is a big hobby for some and I've seen other types of pedal cars go above and beyond $5k....

·
No prepuce on my -
1,167 Posts
If that is for adults...it's too much like exercise for me...

·
hates EVERYTHING!
11,451 Posts
:stupid CJ's right...I used to see 'em at car shows/swap meets all the time when I was younger but as the collecting caught on more, they are pretty hard to find and restored ones sell for big bucks.

·
Registered
1991 351W E4OD
866 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
It's an original shell of an original Mustang pedal car, however, it appears the rear has some "owner add on" pieces to it, as they never had those parts attached to the body.

The wheels - hard to tell if they are original, but they surely did not look like that when offered back in the 60's... It looks like someone has painted the hubs black and/or added the "spokes" as seen in those pictures.

Front grille emblem - never had that piece there, another "owner add on" and the grille area was also never painted black as such.

The side striping and decals look to still be the originals, but again, pictures are not high quality so it's really hard to tell if someone has repainted them or painted over the original striping.

Steering wheel is either modified or not original as well... It never looked like that when sold new.

Pristine examples of original units bring top $$$ - sometimes upwards of $1k. Collecting original pedal cars is a big hobby for some and I've seen other types of pedal cars go above and beyond $5k....
Wow! You seem to know alot about them. I had never seen one before today. Good info. Thanks. :beer

·
Registered
9,130 Posts
:brownbag

I just remembered, the Shiner cars have a little engine :rofl:

I think they are not much bigger than that pedal car though; their knees are usually up at their chins...

·
Registered
9,130 Posts
Yes, yes I do. Here in the south, we calls em Shiners. Sorry bud, some things you grow up with just stick :brownbag

My apologies to the Shriners :banghead

1 - 10 of 10 Posts