Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
oh man. I havent been here for awhile. I had some bad crap happen to my bronco the other day. I had her in the shop to get the shifter adjusted because it was really loose and shifting out of park while the shifter was in park. The night I got it back from that work, I drove up town. On my cruise it wasnt shifting out of first and the speedometer wasnt reading. I take it back to the shop and they try a few different things. finally they find what was wrong. My exhausted had melted a bunch of wires together and fried one which happened to run to the tranny. ha Now shes fine and shifting a lot better.

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Well I had another one of those bad days today. I was driving around in my Bronco and all of a sudden i feel this harsh thump that keeps repeatin steadily and it shook the whole truck. I stop and check the front end drive shaft and rear end for visible problems. nothing. I keep going it gets worse the faster you go and doesnt do it below 10mph on the speedo. So im pokin along at 20 cuz its unbearable above that speed and I hear a huge poppin noise. I stop look for visual problems and dont find anything and nothin fell out when it popped.
I keep drivin no weird noises then i hear the all too familiar sound of rubber bein ground down. Flat tire! the big problem is the key for the lock nut on my spare is nowhere to be found. So im SOL until tom. when i can get another spare or a trailer to tow it to the shop.

Hopin its just the tire that blew but I have a feelin it was more than that.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Sounds like it was the tire blowing out on the inside hitting your knuckle while rotating. Prolly why you may have missed it when you were checking to see what the heck was messing with you. Good luck!

·
Premium Member
9,984 Posts
Next time you have problems come here first and maybe we can save you money before taking your BKO in to a shop $$$$$$$$$$$$$.......

For the transmission adjustment you can refer to your Haynes Manual or go here: www.broncolinks.com and look under transmission section and there should be a diagram and explanation on how to make adjustments to your "column shift linkage" or "electric solenoid" underneath the truck yourself, not all trucks have the same procedure but in most cases it can be done easily and you can learn and save $$$$$ in the process...

Good Luck ~ :thumbup

·
Registered
753 Posts
oh man. I havent been here for awhile. I had some bad crap happen to my bronco the other day. I had her in the shop to get the shifter adjusted because it was really loose and shifting out of park while the shifter was in park. The night I got it back from that work, I drove up town. On my cruise it wasnt shifting out of first and the speedometer wasnt reading. I take it back to the shop and they try a few different things. finally they find what was wrong. My exhausted had melted a bunch of wires together and fried one which happened to run to the tranny. ha Now shes fine and shifting a lot better.
I'd find myself another shop. They better have fixed it for free, AND given you all your money back for what you paid for the original servicing.

That's why nobody turns wrenches on my stuff except for me. I won't even let a tire shop jack up my vehicles, for fear they'll bend up my rockers or dump my vehicle off the lift (I've had both happen). I remove the wheels and take them into the tire shop loose.

That said, there ARE good mechanics out there, but they can only ever be as good as the service manager allows them to be, and with a whip always crackin' they've become somewhat of a rarity. It's bad enough that I have to have my vehicles inspected, and then spend half a day going through the vehicle with a fine tooth comb to find all of the parts that the inspector broke, got filthy, etc.

Sorry about your misfortune, and may the road rise to meet you.

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
thanks guys. I think it was just the inside of the tire rubbin from where it ballooned out. It had a hole punched out the size of a baseball or a lil bigger in the sidewall. I know good mechanics are rare but the shop I go to doesnt give me any run around. they are straight up with me. My dad is good friends with the owner. Sometimes he gives me a lil better rates than most ppl

1 - 8 of 8 Posts