Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
314 Posts
I'd never heard of them having different sizes of pistons...I'm not sure if I believe that. With modern manufacturing tolerances the block should have all bores finished out to the same size and then pistons dropped in that are all the same size. Matching three different sizes of pistons to each cylinder would be a lot of extra time and effort on the assembly line. I could be wrong...but that seems really fishy. I've worked as a parts guy at a dealer...they don't always know what they are talking about...including me at times! :doh0715: I'd call a different dealer and see if they say the same thing or not.

As far as honing...if the bore ends up a little on the loose side you might look into having a replacement piston coated. Been a long time since I read about it but you can get ceramic/wear resistant finishes that coat the piston and can add a little to the diameter. Usually the coating is very thin but maybe it can be applied thicker...just something to check out.

Derek

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.