Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 20 of 606 Posts

·
F.O.T.Y. 2003
8,373 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yup, its going in the Garage in the morning to begin the teardown.

Axle is a 78D44HP all rebuilt, 4.56 gears

Tbird Brake calipers, brake lines from Bluetorch Fab, Moog ball joints, all new hardware

Deaver Springs

Cage arms, 2degree poly bushings

James Duff 70/30 15" travel shocks, (im gonna run duals up front)

Ill get more pics as i go along.

:chili:

·
Past Bronco Owner
4,855 Posts
Nice pics. It looks like we have a lot of the same stuff going on.:thumbup

·
Past Bronco Owner
4,855 Posts
How are you running the lines after the Bluetorch fab lines? are you going up on each side or to the center of the axle then up?

I plan on hard lines to the diff then flex to the cross member keeping to seperate lines back to the master cylinder. My thought is there will be much less articulation near the diff than at the ends of the axle. Maybe I'm over thinking it. I haven't seen what others have done, they seem to leave that out of the SAS threads.

·
ate lug
88 + 96 broncos, 96 F250
8,613 Posts
If you look closely in the first pic, Crazed has got some pretty damn long lines, so id say he's probably going to keep the brake system set up like stock.

However, you can use stock 79 parts to do what your askin, since the drop line was at the diff on those trucks.

·
No avatar required
10,959 Posts
reptillikus said:
However, you can use stock 79 parts to do what your askin, since the drop line was at the diff on those trucks.

Do you have pics of that set up? :shrug

·
Former owner of Shadofax
17,038 Posts
90Beater said:
How are you running the lines after the Bluetorch fab lines? are you going up on each side or to the center of the axle then up?

I plan on hard lines to the diff then flex to the cross member keeping to seperate lines back to the master cylinder. My thought is there will be much less articulation near the diff than at the ends of the axle. Maybe I'm over thinking it. I haven't seen what others have done, they seem to leave that out of the SAS threads.
yes, you're right, the center drop helps in terms of articulation. The top of the diff housing already has a bolt up there to secure the line and the housing on the passenger side has two little metal tangs to hold the brake line on the back of the axle tube.

For me, it was just a matter of simplicity. It was easier to just go buy the braided flex line and screw it into the existing hard line at each side, and I prefer the looks of this better.

Looks great Tim. Man the Tbird calipers are looking purdy!!!!:rockon :chili:

What did you decide for the dual shocks? Cage hoop or make something custom?

You have Todd coming over? Need any help?

·
F.O.T.Y. 2003
8,373 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I still havent got any of the DOM tubing, so I am probably still out 2 weeks for the actual swap. I figure i will get it in the air, and get all the TTB crap off So i can give it a good "Crazed" cleaning on the frame and stuff.

I am gonna run a pair of F250 shock mounts on each side for now, maybe build a tube one at a later date.

:toothless

·
FSB's Bastard Child
2,047 Posts
Looking very good, as always.

·
Registered
5,407 Posts
More Pix! Glad you will be TTB Free! :)

Sorry, were not supposed to be "haters"....

·
Former owner of Shadofax
17,038 Posts
That will make for an easy swap. Plus no rear axle to do right now, no tranny crossmember.

Remember NOT to cut the cage RA frame bracket. we can make you some angle for a boxed frame section there if ya want. Doesn't have to be done right away, just don't cut the bracket.

·
Former owner of Shadofax
17,038 Posts
Crazed said:
Oh, and Ya, those brake lines are 36" long, so they will go in the stock locations :thumbup
:shocked Holy super long brake line batman!!!!

I think mine are 31" and meant for a chevy K20 with 8-12" of lift. I don't come near using the whole length.

·
ate lug
88 + 96 broncos, 96 F250
8,613 Posts
bnkrtstk said:
Do you have pics of that set up? :shrug
I have your pics of it :toothless
No pics of it on my D60 since the cameraphone wont take a clear enough pic. But it worked out pretty good :thumbup

·
Registered
1,133 Posts
Looking awesome so far, Tim. Can't wait to see it finally under the bko. Definatly gonna be one of the meaner bko's on the site.
My does the dog look so guilty? :toothless
-Casey

1 - 20 of 606 Posts