Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

· The Tennessee Warden
96 XL, built 357W, E4OD, BW1356, D44 SAS, 4.56 gears
5,766 Posts
Sand wheeling is very unique. Takes its own special set of techniques and if you really want to have fun its own unique setup. Mine is likely more setup for this then anything else, which is kind of silly being where I am in the state of Indiana, but at the same time oh well.
I'll definitely second this - sand wheeling is way different. My rig is set up mostly for crawling, so the soft springs are tricky to get the hang of when going more than 25-30 in the sand. It's easy to bottom out in some of the dips - which happened a couple of times. Either way, it was a lot of fun, and it was cool to learn a little more about a new (to me) kind of wheeling.

I'm looking forward to seeing the vids you got on those GoPro's you had mounted!

· The Tennessee Warden
5,766 Posts
That's an awefully purdy jungle gym you've got going on in there. I assume you're gonna big going after that BIG AIR now.
You’re gonna truly live up to the “crazy” part of your name if Overtime is going weightless on the dunes! We’ll have to meet up out there and I’ll take some video of you doing your best “Dukes of Hazzard” impression!

· The Tennessee Warden
5,766 Posts
Actually, Big Blue and I are simply swapping third members. I’m sending him mine with the Detroit and he’s sending me his with the TT - both already have 4.56s already installed. Shouldn’t need to unbolt anything. Thank you though. Of course, nothing is set in stone.

· The Tennessee Warden
5,766 Posts
I know I am not doing takeover this year or make it to the dunes at all. Need to dial in new engine and work threw all the little things that always seem to come up. If I make it up it will be late in the year, maybe Sept/Oct.
I hear ya - I'm going to try and make it and bring the wife and kids this time. Looks like you are making some good headway with your projects though!

· The Tennessee Warden
5,766 Posts
Got some more goodies today

Maybe awhile before you all see more progress. My other half passed in a motorcycle accident on Sat. So still in the mix of figuring out all that and going threw stuff.
Omg your lady? I’m so sorry Brandon. That’s devastating news.

· The Tennessee Warden
5,766 Posts
Hate that you missed out this past weekend. It was pretty good - it was a god turnout at the Friday show, but I got a big goose-egg on the raffle items lol. I didn't get much time in the sand either though - my spring mod on the pass side axle shaft slip yoke broke and the axle slipped out of the third member. No C-clip in there with the locker. Oh well, that's my next project coupled with new diff seals and ujoints, along with a new radiator coming this week. Was running a bit warmer than I'd like, sitting at 210...almost 220 with the AC on. With the pass side wheel not driving, I was having to hold the steering wheel at about 90 deg to the left lol.

· The Tennessee Warden
5,766 Posts
ITs all part of it... Not a big deal
I can TIG weld those srping mod caps, and havent had one fail.
The timing can play a role in engine temps, something worth checking out. Especially when runnign them harder in the dunes.
I'll take a closer look at the axle situation maybe this weekend - probably the cap. Yeah it could be the timing I'm running 12 initial and 28 total - didn't think that was too extreme. Think that could raise temps by 15 deg? Temps seemed better idling and around town but got hotter on the freeway, so it makes sense.

· The Tennessee Warden
5,766 Posts
Yes I do... I would verify it with a light and make sure its doing what you think also.
Though those numbers dont seem too off the wall for Ford Small Block either.
Yeah, previously, I had 10 deg initial and stock PCM tune advanced to about 21 deg total, according to my tuner friend - never ran warmer than 200-205 then. I'm getting a bigger radiator regardless - I'd like to actually be able to use my AC lol. My 25 year old single row, 1" thick radiator is having trouble keeping up!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts