· Registered
1,310 Posts
Parts list for hydramat install:
Fuel Hose DAC-80161
Hydramat HLY-16-105
90 Degree Fitting 3/8 SUM-220179
Lock Ring RNB-579-003
I used fuel injector style hose clamps too, I had those on hand
I cut the sending unit pickup about 1" from the sender to get enough room to have the hose hit the mat in right spot. Should have something like this, also tweaked the float arm a little just to make sure more then enough clearance. May have changed where it reads empty slightly but that is ok as will be slightly sooner.

You will want to no hook up the hose until you have the mat in the tank, with just the 90 sticking out
Here is what I ended up with in the tank. Its towards the back, centered, should work good considering I mostly do dunes

Have both frame repair/stiffener plates bolted in now too, so far I can tell its much more solid even just bolted in. Will get welded in at key spots too.

Those are Threat Motorsports shackle hangers if you where wondering.
What was that cut up hydramat pic you posted on insta?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

· Registered
1,310 Posts
Just to get it right, spring is mounted outside the hose, this I will understand.
Engine knicks when Bein rev‘ed but sure radiator is fixed hence lower and upper hose are moved around in between.
I believe the spring is supposed to be inside of the hose to prevent it from "collapsing" when bending it to fit

· Registered
1,310 Posts
78 got a new battery too. This Diehard was from 2012, still working just fine. Too bad cannot get them anymore as I'd of bought more.

Replaced it with one of the X2's, if you can't tell I like those.
I saw the advanced auto in town had a big "DieHard Batteries are back" sign so maybe they are being made again?

· Registered
1,310 Posts
Yes, I think that is more/less just the name though. The Platinum's I have are basically Odyssey's or where made by the same place that made them. The X2's I have been getting are made by northstar, or so I have read, which are really close to Odyssey as well. You could say I should just get an Odyssey, however warranty is a little better on the X2 at 5 years free replacement, and is also local. I also have few interstates that have done me well.
All it takes is 1 decision to turn these to not what they are now though, seems all the sellers are changing manufactures all the time on batteries. IE does anyone even buy a Optima anymore??
idk guessing it has something to do with Sears selling the brand to advancedauto parts during its planned liquidation

· Registered
1,310 Posts
@outlawbob I personally do not like the HEI dist. I think they are big and goofy looking, though are super simple and parts availability is huge for those. I also personally don't like how close they get to the water neck and such on the Fords, or Air cleaner.
That said I have not personally ran one, they probably work good, though like anything I am sure they take some tuning to match your own combo, will not be just stab in and go, at least not to perform 100% at its best. The other distributors also need tweaks at install too though... Not much help on that sorry. Just for info

Got another press. Sold the other one. This one Is wider, main reason for the change. I set this one up with an air/hydra. cylinder, So I can run it with a button now. Super easy and quick.
Added the bottom stuff and the handle holder
Been meaning to get one of those although I would be using mine to press AK barrels into receiver trunnions lolol maybe @youngDUMP ; will let me park it at his place

1 - 8 of 8 Posts