Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

341 - 355 of 355 Posts

·
Ford Hoarder
78 & 92
6,572 Posts
Discussion Starter #341
Finished it up tonight

So far so good, no weird issues. Started right up once it re-filled the pickup line.

·
Ford Hoarder
78 & 92
6,572 Posts
Discussion Starter #342
Front end back apart. Seal was too far into the axle tube on the Pass side, Opps. Oh well know where to put it this time around.
Hopefully get that most of the way back togethor this evening

·
Ford Hoarder
78 & 92
6,572 Posts
Discussion Starter #343
Found 2 issues. 1 was the inner axle was not fully seated into the CV head. Not sure how RCV expects you to do that given their instructions. Also as mentioned the seal was in to far and past where the sahft is the right diameter.
SO anyone else doing these, I would suggest assembling the units out of the axle. On these Ford axles the knuckle hole is large enough to put the assembled CV threw it. This is unlike most.
Front is back togethor minus the steering, driveshaft, and putting in fresh gear oil.

·
Ford Hoarder
78 & 92
6,572 Posts
Discussion Starter #344
Hopefully last time for this job for awhile... Though only took about 4 hours start to finish. I also clearanced the lower balljoint threads a bit more for the RCV orange boots

Random Pic, Random Sticker

·
Ford Hoarder
78 & 92
6,572 Posts
Discussion Starter #345
Front axle done. I even drilled the nut and bolt for the steering stabilizer for a safety clip this time around. I do not think enough attention is paid to these kind of little things (my self included).
With that wrapped up onto the next thing, I now have both bumpers off.

I like the look on the front with the lower front fenders trimed I think it looks nice. However likely it will get a tube type bumper much like the 91 f-150 has. They are kind of the same shape, actually.

simple but works great on that truck, its also fairly light wieght for having a beefy receiver and frame tied in d-ring mounts.

·
Ford Hoarder
78 & 92
6,572 Posts
Discussion Starter #347
Got new mount for Fire Extinguisher. This one mounts on the roll bar. Looks/works much nicer then the floor mount ones that these come with.

·
Ford Hoarder
78 & 92
6,572 Posts
Discussion Starter #348
78 Is done for awhile, as waiting to get bumpers made. In the mean time got the 92 out as its been warmer here and nice (not snowing). Still needs really detailed but its not too bad after a quick cleanup.

Been driving it to work. Also been thinking about swapping out the rocker arms but might be more trouble then its worth.

Working on the Mustang since 78 not in garage. New Heat exchanger (VMP Triple pass with electric fans), upper and lower grilles, bumper support bar, front k-member brace, few other things. Also had time to clean it up.

Finally done with the break in miles on the clutch, so will get to see what it'll do at the first test n tune on the 28th

·
Ford Hoarder
78 & 92
6,572 Posts
Discussion Starter #350
Really happy with how these turned out.

Throw some paint on them and should be good to go.

·
Ford Hoarder
78 & 92
6,572 Posts
Discussion Starter #351
Little better pic of the front.

Added few more bolts for mounting to frame. Should be good now.

·
Ford Hoarder
78 & 92
6,572 Posts
Discussion Starter #353
what did you do with the old bumer?
They are both for sale

Both front and rear are painted now and more or less ready to go. Needs plate put on and the rear shackles.

Checking clearances with the 35's up front

·
Ford Hoarder
78 & 92
6,572 Posts
Discussion Starter #354
Gonna drive it a bit before starting on the engine swap.
Been too long since the real set of tires has been on it. New bumpers look great. For whatever reason truck looks a bit taller now too, however the only thing that has changed is the bumpers themselves, so in that sense just hte wieght savings, maybe....

·
Ford Hoarder
78 & 92
6,572 Posts
Discussion Starter #355
New wheels on the way for the 78.
92 is in the garage to get new valve cover gaskets.

341 - 355 of 355 Posts