Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

501 - 520 of 578 Posts

·
Ford Hoarder
78 & 92
6,994 Posts
Discussion Starter #502
Brandon,
that looks like Clydsdale tie rod and drag link. How do you like it? Did it go together easy?
It is, Have zero complaints about it, other then the foam included seems to just rip and get torn up on mine (have replaced it 2 times so far with parts from WH) Functions perfectly without it though, so I just grease the joints more often. Installs just like the stock parts, which is why I got it, and it maintains the same geometry as stock too, or real close. With the WH adjustable Track bar, everything lines up excellent and zero bump steer or anything else goofy. It has to be the beefiest, stock replacement parts you can buy for these trucks, that require no modifications to the knuckles.

Who did you buy the hinges from?
Those came from LMC, seem like decent pieces thus far.

Got the hood mounted and aligned tonight. Easiest to shut/open and best lines the hood has ever had on this truck since I have owned it. This is a huge PITA to do by yourself so allow ample time if you are thinking about replacing the hinges. I had the hood latch and that off too. I have no clue how they installed these quickly on the assembly line.

Also installed the front inner fender liners, and with that everything is back on the truck except the 35s, but those will have to wait until its out of the garage longer term to go back on.

·
Premium Member
1979 Bronco Ranger XLT, 400m engine, C6 trans, D44 front with Dick Cepek manual locking hubs
672 Posts
good to know about LMC hinges, JBG got them as well, as my last (first) order with LMC went bad, I may not want to order with them again.

hood is in fact aligning quite good.
Man, I like the engine bay, with those huge valve covers it looks dope!!

·
Ford Hoarder
78 & 92
6,994 Posts
Discussion Starter #504
I honestly did not even look at JBG, LMC has been better for me then JBG but I am stateside as well, so I get why you'd not trust them again. They are likely the same hinges.
Thanks on the alignment, this truck I am fairly sure is a little tweaked in the front some where so while this it good on this one, I think on a better truck it would close to perfect. The hood for sure is, as I hit a tree several years ago and it has a dent from that on the drivers side from that.

Reactions: simrokkzz

·
Ford Hoarder
78 & 92
6,994 Posts
Discussion Starter #505
Ended up installing a fuel pressure regulator for the carb. The mechanical pump I am using appears to maybe have more pressure then it was supposed to. Regardless I re-used the old regulator and set the fuel psi to 5.5. This should be more consistent being regulated down a bit anyways and no longer have to question it.
Here are some pics of everything installed

regulator fit good on the firewall, pretty sure its a Holley piece but do not remember.

Took it down the road today a little bit ago. Nothing hugely concerning. Typical few small things that needed re-tightened. Got the carb dialed in decently. Need to drive it a bit to see if it needs more attention. Really like the pulley setup, old v-belts used to be a bit squeely at times, not a peep with the extra grip the serp. style belts provide, which was exactly what I was hoping to see. Adjusted my brakes a bit too, and they are excellent now. I didn't like where the pedal was.

·
Ford Hoarder
78 & 92
6,994 Posts
Discussion Starter #506
One side done

Had DeulingDesigns cut these for me on his plasma table. Fixes a rust spot I found, and also adds some extra strength to the rear, and a place to mount some real bump stop down the road too. Few other things planned for out back but going to hold off and enjoy breaking in the new engine for awhile.

·
Ford Hoarder
78 & 92
6,994 Posts
Discussion Starter #507
Finished the other side tonight. Also fixed few other real small things.
Swapped the tires around and took some poser shots. I liked this one the best

·
Ford Hoarder
78 & 92
6,994 Posts
Discussion Starter #508
Re-did the rear storage in the 92 today again. Used MDF the first time and turned out to not be so durable. Went with marine grade plywood this time, should be much stronger and more
weather resistant.

Its also slightly lower then the last one. I like how it turned out.

·
Ford Hoarder
78 & 92
6,994 Posts
Discussion Starter #509
Pic of the other side on the 78

Drove it some more today. Happy with how it runs for now. The rear plates did help a little, truck feels more planted going down the road. Zero issues at 80, thats about as fast as I have gone so far since the engine and such went in.
Time to start planning next thing to do on one of these trucks....

·
Ford Hoarder
78 & 92
6,994 Posts
Discussion Starter #510
I will be back on the 78 soon. Really looking at the Sniper setup now.
Sold my Indian as I just didnt care for a bike.
SomeWhat related, this is why I have a bunch of parts listed, I simply will not need them anymore. Went and picked up this today. 90% of what I wanting out of my 92 and then some. Covid made the price too good to pass up.

·
Premium Member
1979 Bronco Ranger XLT, 400m engine, C6 trans, D44 front with Dick Cepek manual locking hubs
672 Posts
Wow, what a badass rig!
seems to be hell of dune monster.
but what about the 78 then? Still going to be a sandy then?

·
Ford Hoarder
78 & 92
6,994 Posts
Discussion Starter #513
Wow, what a badass rig!
seems to be hell of dune monster.
but what about the 78 then? Still going to be a sandy then?
78 will still be a Sand/Mud rig. Its a different truck in every right. The ranger is a 2.3l 5 speed, never will be quite the same as the 429 c6 combo in the 78. I could forsee having both up there at the same time, using the 78 as somewhat of a chase vehicle to get the 2wd ranger un stuck.

·
Registered
288 Posts
Those Rangers are pretty cool and there are quite a few out on the dunes. A guy at work-his son has one that's a turbo and has a C4 in it.

This will show some geek in me but i most like your trailer. Yummy

·
Ford Hoarder
78 & 92
6,994 Posts
Discussion Starter #515
Those Rangers are pretty cool and there are quite a few out on the dunes. A guy at work-his son has one that's a turbo and has a C4 in it.

This will show some geek in me but i most like your trailer. Yummy
I was looking at tub buggies & Baja bugs, few rail buggies, and came across this. I specifcally wanted a manual and also something with 4 cylinders. That person's you know sounds like a nice truck too.

Love my RNR trailer, its a 20ft 10k rated all aluminum trailer, extra wide deck. Few other add ons I put on like the LED light bar, winch, bunch of extra D-Rings, etc... Will never own another steel bumper pull again, at least not near the 20' mark. Made in three rivers.

Reactions: reptillikus

·
Registered
288 Posts
Love my RNR trailer, its a 20ft 10k rated all aluminum trailer, extra wide deck. Few other add ons I put on like the LED light bar, winch, bunch of extra D-Rings, etc... Will never own another steel bumper pull again, at least not near the 20' mark. Made in three rivers.
Someday. Gotta quit spending money on other crap.

·
Ford Hoarder
78 & 92
6,994 Posts
Discussion Starter #517
They are a good value,RNR, I think I was at 5400 for that one above, with all the options. The thing I like best is its only 1200 lbs when empty, which means I can use a huge chunk of its weight rating to actually haul stuff on it. I have had a 2500 suburban on it with no issues. I also like how low the removable fenders sit. The door on my mustang clears by 1". Most others I would have to pull that side in order to open door all the way.

Ordered a new stock style tank for the 78, as so I can start taking measurements and mock up the EFI pumps and such.

·
Registered
288 Posts
They are a good value,RNR, I think I was at 5400 for that one above, with all the options.
That's alot cheaper than i would have guessed. Killer deal

·
Ford Hoarder
78 & 92
6,994 Posts
Discussion Starter #519
Highly likely 78 will soon have Sniper setup on it. Gotta wait for tank to show up so I get the right fuel pump setup. Going to get the Holley retro fit kit, and go that route

·
Registered
78 Custom 460 NP435 NP205 Sniper EFI HyperSpark Ignition 4.56 Gears Front/Rear Grizzly Lockers
2,239 Posts
Are you planning on the regular Sniper or the Super Sniper? Or one of the other ones, Holley has been popping out variations since the first one released.

501 - 520 of 578 Posts