Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

521 - 540 of 578 Posts

·
Ford Hoarder
78 & 92
6,994 Posts
Discussion Starter #521
Are you planning on the regular Sniper or the Super Sniper? Or one of the other ones, Holley has been popping out variations since the first one released.
Likely get the Super Sniper 650 version. I like the ability to add on my own sensors to view via the controller, or Holley's gauge cluster. Also gives me some room for future engine changes due to the controllers it has built in. I have a 10lb bottle sitting around now.. Which I ever I get I have decided to get the gold one, lol. Thats the hard part right

·
Registered
78 Custom 460 NP435 NP205 Sniper EFI HyperSpark Ignition 4.56 Gears Front/Rear Grizzly Lockers
2,239 Posts
I would definitely give the Super Sniper a try. They didn't have that one when I got my Sniper and the added features it has sound pretty nice. I doubt I would use them, but it's nice to have options. When you update your handheld's firmware it has all the features for both Snipers, so I get to see what is available on mine, I just can't use them. Such a tease.

·
Ford Hoarder
78 & 92
6,994 Posts
Discussion Starter #523
Yeah and it's not a ton of more money. Seems like no-brainer to me

·
Ford Hoarder
78 & 92
6,994 Posts
Discussion Starter #524
Excited... Super Sniper on the way, along with a Billet Retro-Fit module with the 255lph pump and a few other odd n ends.

Working with Chris from EFISystemPro.com these guys know these systems extremely well and the customer service has been top notch. Which I am the guy that always gets crapped on, so that means something...

·
Ford Hoarder
78 & 92
6,994 Posts
Discussion Starter #525
Parts started to show up for the 78. New Tank. I like the metal ones, and also the 25 gallon version as it they do not hang as low in the back.

Also been busy on the Ranger. New Fuel Pump relay harness setup, lights, have new ball joints ready to go in too.

·
Ford Hoarder
78 & 92
6,994 Posts
Discussion Starter #526
Retro fit module for the tank showed up. I got the billet one, pump and that is not in picture.

·
Ford Hoarder
78 & 92
6,994 Posts
Discussion Starter #527
Just waiting on a fuel pressure gauge and I will have enough stuff to start installing this on the 78.

·
Premium Member
1979 Bronco Ranger XLT, 400m engine, C6 trans, D44 front with Dick Cepek manual locking hubs
672 Posts
its really nice unit and great color though!!!
If I had around 1000 to spend on top of the new engine I would go for it as well.
Looking forward to your report after its installed!!!

·
Ford Hoarder
78 & 92
6,994 Posts
Discussion Starter #529
Retro fit tank kit made quick work of installing a pump, and a good return, plus an extra vent. As an added bonus also a Hydramat.

Id maybe put it a little further back if I was gonna do it again, but I like where its at as I can get to the fittings this way while in the truck.

·
Ford Hoarder
78 & 92
6,994 Posts
Discussion Starter #530
78 Is now back in my garage to proceed with the install of that sniper kit.
Order all the things I needed to finish it up today. Several feet of #6 PTFE line, Several Matching Ends, a nice fuel pump harness, fuel pump block off plate, etc. Will see what I forget.
Before

skipping leg day for awhile

·
Ford Hoarder
78 & 92
6,994 Posts
Discussion Starter #531
No more carb. or fuel pump

PTFE lines and fittings, along with a Aeromotive Fuel pump harness. This harness is nicest I have seen/used

Also swapped to different valve cover gaskets. Mine others were not sealing. Have Moroso on here now, have had good luck with them on the 92 Bronco.

·
Registered
288 Posts
Yup, moroso VC gaskets are bad ass. You won't need to replace them again

Reactions: CrazyBRONCOguy

·
Ford Hoarder
78 & 92
6,994 Posts
Discussion Starter #533
Just cruising along on the install, taking my time with it.

Went with the return style setup. I plumbed them up the the front as per the instructions. However I think you could pull cover off the regulator, yank out the regulator, and use the back 2 fittings as well. Might look a little better but I am happy with this too. Lines are going to come up on top of trans, much like the stock lines do on a 92+ Bronco. Keeps em away from heat and makes them a little shorter.

·
Premium Member
1979 Bronco Ranger XLT, 400m engine, C6 trans, D44 front with Dick Cepek manual locking hubs
672 Posts
Looks absolutly dope to me.

I need to talk to LEB about that as well.... this would save me paying money for a new quick fuel carb.

Excited... Super Sniper on the way, along with a Billet Retro-Fit module with the 255lph pump and a few other odd n ends.

Working with Chris from EFISystemPro.com these guys know these systems extremely well and the customer service has been top notch. Which I am the guy that always gets crapped on, so that means something...
Are you aware what fuel pump is needed?
I mean I got a quick fuel 125 for carb usage, not sure this is enough for the Sniper unit.

The update all look very good to me!!!

·
Ford Hoarder
78 & 92
6,994 Posts
Discussion Starter #535
Looks absolutly dope to me.
I need to talk to LEB about that as well.... this would save me paying money for a new quick fuel carb.
Are you aware what fuel pump is needed?
I mean I got a quick fuel 125 for carb usage, not sure this is enough for the Sniper unit.
The update all look very good to me!!!
Needs to be able to put 60psi up to the Holley Sniper itself. The amount of fuel needed will vary depending on your engine combo. The information included with my kit suggestes that -6AN line is good or 800 hp Naturally Aspirated.
I was not too impressed with my QuickFuel carb. For what was supposed to be a ready to go pre-calibrated carb I had nothing but problems with it (leaked at various spots) It is currently sitting on my bench waiting for new needle & seats and put back togethor so I can post it for sale. I would have sent back to LEB, but was way out of any kind of warranty when I went to finally put fuel into it.

Reactions: simrokkzz

·
Premium Member
672 Posts
Thanks for sharing this info.
Ok still got a Bosch 6 bar pump, so I may go With it plus the Holley sniper then

·
Ford Hoarder
78 & 92
6,994 Posts
Discussion Starter #537
No problem, Just pass on info I have personally dealt with, lol...

Got the sending unit today, so got the tank finished and ready to install.
Its close but works so Im gonna roll with it

Lot going on here, 10 ga fuel pump wires. Vent with Roll over valve, and -6AN return and supply lines/stubs. Have to order some more line to hook it up to the front.

Reactions: simrokkzz

·
Ford Hoarder
78 & 92
6,994 Posts
Discussion Starter #540
Switched to other cap as to be able to use check valve, some of local dirt tracks didn't like the vented cap. This is better with the rollover check valve built in. I have also had issues with the 78 cap not venting before too in the mud.

Reactions: canuckistan97
521 - 540 of 578 Posts