Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner
961 - 980 of 983 Posts

·
Registered
1,042 Posts
Brandon. I am amazed at what you do with your trucks. So the other thing I have noticed with my bronco now as I drive it on the street more than highway the water temp stays down. Yes were in the cooler temps so my big test will be next spring and summer, but without a shroud at least for me I got so much more air flow even at slow speeds.
Have a Great Thanksgiving..

·
Ford Hoarder
78 & 92
7,831 Posts
Discussion Starter · #962 ·
@outlawbob That's good working for you. I see lots of race cars setup the same way. SO I am sure will be fine. Assuming the area of the fans is enough to cool it at idle/low speed. Seems like yours is. Yours is also mounted good, and not using those zip tie things, that I have had fail so no longer use on my own stuff. Like mentioned different applications need different combos.
When I say slow speed, what I mean is air speed, not road speed per say. Think full throttle in a mud pit. So stepping away from the fan/shroud topic, should really start seperate thread for that...

Console top is basically done. Needs a few pass threw holes for the small amount of wires I have going to the Shifter (NSS) and the SiriusXM plug in. I had some extra ABS sheet around so I used that for the back part. Its decently strong and light weight. Also I like the way it looks. Since I got all my stuff in the alum. panel decided to re-mount my baja bag on the back of the console.

Ammo Can for the front is still happening, then will start work on the side pieces. Gonna see if I can do the tcase side of the twin stick without taking it out of the truck next. I dunno if possible...

·
Ford Hoarder
78 & 92
7,831 Posts
Discussion Starter · #963 ·
No pics this time around...
Have the rear plate finished and my ammo can installed up front. Mounted the fire extinguisher to the rear plate. It is easier to get to then where it was originally. Have to pick up some more materials today to do the side panels. While I was running out of building material i pulled the trans tunnel and started cleaning it up to patch all the holes in it.

With the trans tunnel off I am pretty sure I can swap my shift rails in the tcase. Worst case I'll have to pull the rear mount and tcase side mount off and lower it onto the cross member, but thats way easier then pulling the case.
I am also thinking about putting in access holes/plate/cover for the detent spring adjustments, think like a fuel pump access panel on the EFI years. The console will cover these so Im not too worried how it looks (honestly this rig is function over looks anyways).

Reactions: BikerPepe`

·
Ford Hoarder
78 & 92
7,831 Posts
Discussion Starter · #964 ·
Cruising various info and I found that I can use my twin stick setup and the stock shift rails. This will get me RWD LO-Range without needing to take the tcase apart. GOOD ENOUGH for me, though I already bought the modded rails. Ohwell maybe next time the case is out I will swap them, as I don't think I have enough room with the roll cage to hammer the roll pins out of the tcase. I did get the adjustable detent spring kit, so Will put those in as so have some adjustment.

A main point, for me, was to be able to at will switch between 4wd and 2wd with the Front hubs being locked. All of this was really to get the shifter to a better spot for the full manual valve body though...

SOoo no FWD for me, for awhile.... Learn something new all the time.

·
Ford Hoarder
78 & 92
7,831 Posts
Discussion Starter · #967 ·
Made some good progress tonight. Its basically done outside of wiring in some stuff and welding on the mounts to affix it to my roll cage. Then blowing it back apart to paint and clean up the plastic parts I used. Super Happy with how this turned out. Few small things I'd do different but there always is...
Out of the Bronco

In truck

You may notice no cup holders, thats on purpose. Experience says not needed and only held cell phones. Instead bottle drinks will go in the console and that will be good enough.

·
Premium 4 Lyfe - Way Back Staff
'95 XLT: 5.8, MAF, E4OD, 4.56's, 6" on 33's
38,379 Posts
is your "console" ln backwards?
looks perfectly bad ass. a great match for the rig man.

·
Ford Hoarder
78 & 92
7,831 Posts
Discussion Starter · #969 · (Edited)
is your "console" ln backwards?
looks perfectly bad ass. a great match for the rig man.
So I think you are talking about the ammo can at the front (took me awhile to read this correctly, LOL). The reason it is like this is because the lid will hit my shifter with it in park. Since I bent the handle it puts it in a weird place in Park, basically pointing to the dash. With the ammo can the other way you basically can't open it, with the shifter in park (opens like 2"). Maybe I should not have tweak it as far, but its literally perfect now in 1-3, which was what I wanted. The other reason for it spun around is in the dunes my right leg will be super close to that can and the Locking part of the lid would of been right into my leg all the time. Some of that is due to how I drive though... Fully harnessed in I can't reach that box anyways. (I can't reach the dash either, dont worry I do have kill switch I can reach)

So backwards, yes maybe, but the above is why installed as it is. The PRP bag at the back, does have the zipper going the other way as so I can open it. It always has my important stuff and credentials in it.

·
Premium 4 Lyfe - Way Back Staff
'95 XLT: 5.8, MAF, E4OD, 4.56's, 6" on 33's
38,379 Posts
You got it. I was reading your previous comment and the ammo can and bag were the only options and the ammo can facing that direction would be harder to reach / get into but as you say... you're not in the average seating situation. I ran with a similar, larger tool-bag instead of a console in my old Jeep CJ7 and living in Portland at the time... it was nice to bring everything inside with me when parking at night. Regardless... it looks fantastic for the setup you're running. 🍻

It's enough to make me wanna cheer for ya. Let's Go CBG!!! ;)

·
Ford Hoarder
78 & 92
7,831 Posts
Discussion Starter · #971 ·
Yup... My situation is unique. The bag does clip into the console, so it comes out easy. I can either take it with me, or put in the toolbox in back that is lockable. These little things make going topless and doorless much more nice.
This is mostly stuff I had laying around. I think I have $200 in it right now, minus the twin stick setup. I could have found a better box for the front but whatever. It'll work just fine for me. Even if only useful if out of the truck, from pass side.
Thanks Also. Looks better to me then the normal Tuffy sytle consoles people use. Those are just Meh to me

·
Ford Hoarder
78 & 92
7,831 Posts
Discussion Starter · #972 ·
Stripped down and Painted, Super, super simple stuff here. Is strong enough for what I am doing and the whole thing wieghs half what my first console did.

Drying as we speak. Mounted the amp to the floor last night. Making the floor pass threw for the tcase shifters tonight.

·
Ford Hoarder
78 & 92
7,831 Posts
Discussion Starter · #973 ·
Last night got the amp installed, almost 100% wired up. Much, Better sound with having real power to even just the middle speakers. Just needs the front or console speakers hooked up and will be done. Used an amp meant for powersports/bikes. Super small footprint means it will fit under the ammo can on my console.
Sounds better then most I have heard on SXS's so I will call that a win.

·
Ford Hoarder
78 & 92
7,831 Posts
Discussion Starter · #974 ·
Painted, re-installed, mounted to cage. and wired up. Just need to hook my cables up on the trans and tcase.

Sounds great, should be fun now with the doors and top off, plenty of tunes. I kind of want to add a sub, but also maybe kind of a waster on here, we will see on that.

·
Ford Hoarder
78 & 92
7,831 Posts
Discussion Starter · #975 ·
Hooked up all the cables tonight and got the seats back in.

Still needs the door put back on, but moves on its own again, and goes into 4x and 4lo.

·
Ford Hoarder
78 & 92
7,831 Posts
Discussion Starter · #977 ·
Thanks
few more tweaks on the rest of the truck and Hopefully it'll be good to go again. Shooting to have it in the dunes in April 2022.
Once this is running/driving then the ranger comes apart for some real power, and few other things.

·
Ford Hoarder
78 & 92
7,831 Posts
Discussion Starter · #979 ·
How smooth does the Tcase shift with this setup?
My case is a good one that you could just be in N on the C6 and pick any tcase gear you want with the stock shifter. From my initial impressions just shifting it in the garage, it is little smoother then the stock stick (should be as mine was all stock, cept for cleaning the pivot really well and greasing it few years ago). But takes a little more force, likely just due to the leverage of the new tcase handles vs the stock one. The throw for it is also shorter, again cause of the ratio on the pivot, and also seperating the rear and front. Not in a bad way though, just different. Its maybe "notchier" feeling but not in a bad way. Like in a built 4spd thats been massaged to not miss gears at high rpms way... Again this is all just sitting stationary, I would expect it to be better warmed up and being able to move a little, i run thicker gear oil in mine.

Short answer. Feels slightly smoother then stock, but much more direct and positive feel. I like it, but I didn't hate my stock one either.

961 - 980 of 983 Posts