Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Everyone. My Bronco has a 4" Superlift Superrunner suspension lift installed on it with the extended control arms. Ever since it was installed I get pretty bad creaking and cracking as the suspension flexes when I turn, go over bumps, etc. I brought it to the shop I had it installed at and they told me that was normal. However it still annoys the s**t out of me and I've ridden in countless lifted vehicles that make barely any noise. I tried putting these thick rubber furniture pads inbetween the end of each leaf in the springs, but it helped little at all. The noise seems to come from the front and back springs. Is there anything I can do to remedy this? I thought Superlift was a pretty decent brand for lift kits? Was I wrong and actually got a crappy lift? I know Skyjacker might be the best, but it was quite expensive last time I checked. Also I don't know why they designed the control arms to bow outwards, but it rubs BAD with the 315x12.50s I got on there now. A little smaller tires would probably fix that, but thats a long ways away. But yeah any tips on eliminating suspension creaking would be appreciated. Thanks all.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Nope checked them and they are very tight. And the noise comes from the front springs too. Although the majority of the creaking comes from the leafs.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts