1 - 20 of 52 Posts

·
Registered
1,773 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
{{{***Disclaimer*** Sorry I know it’s a long read, but good}}}

-Prelude-

July/Aug 09'-
So me and the misses are in the planning stages for our wedding in Nov. '09, and as a good bride-to-be, is checking up on all of our vendors before giving large sums of money over to do to the rough patch/state of the economy. She finds this excellent wedding photography place; A-rating on the BBB website, great reviews on Google and other wedding websites.

So we call them up, set up an appointment and go talk to the head lady- Nicole- turns out it is a small shop, owned by a couple (Nicole and Ben Walling) and employ one other photographer. She was very nice and gave us a nice run down of what she’s done in the past, blah blah blah, she ends up giving a steep discount if you pay up front. (tip off #1 I should have been paying closer attention to) 15% off if you pay in full right now. Tip off #2 was when she said she did a wedding at my Church were we planned to be wed, however I knew that there hasn’t been a wedding there in some time. – stupid me. Oh well the price was right, we paid the $1700 and off we went.

Early September-
Met up with her for our engagement shoot and got our photos back about two weeks later. (DVD full of proofs, no physical photos, just like the contract stated)

Late September/ Oct.-
I go on some interviews and end up getting job in LA, move out here Oct 26. wife to be calls vendors on, probably a 10day cycle, to make sure they are still in business and to check up on things- Her sister got burnt bad, so I encouraged her to do it. Probably pissed some people off, but it helped her sleep at night, and in turn, made me sleep better.

Nov. –
Wedding goes off without a hitch, everything was perfect. And the day after is when things hit the fan. We were promised a quick turnaround time for all photos and albums and DVD with proofs by Christmas. 4 weeks. I was impressed, and gullible- well, and fell for it. Throughout December, they progressively got harder and harder to get in contact with, not returning phone calls, emails, anything. Through her persistence, we finally got an envelope with a DVD full of our proofs, mailed to our house in Cali, still all part of the contract.

Then nothing. No contact at all. I figured it was because of the Christmas holiday and they would get back to us in January.

January 2010-
Still nothing – Tried to get my sister to drive by the place, but it is now only open by appointment, but you can’t make an appointment because their voice mail box is always full.

Feb-
FINALLY something….but not good news, their BBB rating dropped to F, all the reviews went from excellent to terrifying. They were ‘no-shows’ to a few weddings.

March-
Nada- Read more reviews and see that they have screwed over a lot of people. Come to find out they have filed Chapter 7, and moved to the next town over and started a new wedding photography company with a similar name.

April-
Find out more information and its all bad, seems these rat-f*3kers have done this in 3 other towns in western Wayne Co. All the same style. Start a wedding photography place, stay in business for about a year to get a good rep then bounce with a few $$$ in people’s money. At this point, I gave up, we at least got our proofs, that is more than what other people got…and what am I going to do? There is only so much I can do from 2500miles away and I can’t keep asking my sister to help, even though she thinks it fun to play P.I.

-Present day-
The God-damn-sneaky son of a b!tch- of all mother F**KERS opened f*@kin’ restaurant just ONE town over!

This part got me the most-
Co-owner Nicole Walling [Bitch that stole my money], a 15-year veteran of the food industry, comes with extensive restaurant management experience. Backed by a master’s degree in restaurant management, she worked in several restaurants throughout Michigan before deciding to – along with husband and former GM employee, Ben – open their own place. [With the money of couples in hard times]
I totally think this restaurant thing is a scam and they are going to go for the stage a fire and collect on the insurance.

So…either these people are really dumb, or they are just plain retarded. They pissed off so many young couples (brides), then they go an publically open a restraint within 10miles of their old and new photography shops, AND put it in the local paper?!? No, not on my watch, that is where I draw the line in the sand- It’s not even about money anymore it’s about ethics and principle. You don’t pull that sh!t on someone and expect them to roll over and play dead.

I have a pretty intense network of professional people, from all the local big news papers to insurance companies and city/town/Police officials As well as GM, I bet that fat f*@k got let go for stealing...if he ever worked there! I plan on making their lives a living pile from California. I will update this more as I find more information out…

But I am always open for ideas….a

·
Premium Member
1,713 Posts
Could be worse.

When I married my wife, it was my second marriage. Ceremony was great, in a church (unlike my first wedding) married by her dad who is a high priest, she looked like the most beautiful bride I had ever seen. Perfect.

Since it was our second marriage, and because we wanted to save the money for our honey moon, we didn't have food, just cake and punch for a mini reception at the church.....

****, whore, bitch who "made" the cake never showed!!

She even called a few hours before that morning to confirm directions etc. NEVER received another contact from her.

I really hope she got hit by a semi and died in a fiery crash.

My new Brother in law hit up the local Meijer, (wal-mart like super market but a local/regional store) told them the story and they whipped up something quick that actually looked nice and tasted good. And it wasn't that bad as far as a wait was concerned because we left to have pictures taken...

EDIT:The forum automatically edits the C word that all women love. LOL

·
Master of the Estate
3,789 Posts
you could at least start by making an account on that news site and start telling everyone what these folks had been doing before opening a restaraunt

·
Registered
212 Posts
Get in contact with all the people these guys ever burned, make reservations for all of them at the resturant, and do a large scale dine and dash. :histerica

·
Registered
3 Posts
Contact [email protected] for legal information.

Dearborn Heights Mayor:D[email protected] You may want to ask why he supports such unethical behavior from his local business.

Attorney Mike Cox....attrny general for Michigan.

I won't stop until these people pay the price for such fraudulent behavior.

·
Registered
1,773 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
ah-ha! Results!

I also got a PM from someone else- there names must have came up in a Google search (#6 on the list:thumbup) and pointed them to my post- See, I'm bringing together the hate-:histerica

Apparently 'The Mom' is a pissed off mother...its always good to have a few on your side as well.

I also had lengthily conversations with 3 different major local newspapers editors and they are going to do some investigating of their own. :popc1:

:haha

·
Registered
1,773 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
The BBB is pulling you around- and or they even have no idea what they are talking about

It appears the company Artistic Event Services is located at 14000 Plymouth Ave., Lansing, MI 48906.
A) doesn't exist- The Only Plymouth (drive) in Lansing is a residential area

B) The old shop/store front was located at/near 34359 Plymouth Rd Livonia, MI 48150. They closed up shop there and moved to 35145 West Michigan Avenue, Wayne, MI.

The lady you talked/sent you that email at the BBB is confused about the geographical difference between Livonia and Lansing...probably because she is in OHIO.

You want the BBB for Detroit & Eastern Michigan, not western-
BBB of Detroit & Eastern Michigan
(Southfield, MI)
26777 Central Park Blvd. Suite 100
Southfield, MI 48076-4163
Phone: (248)223-9400
Fax: (248)356-5156
Email: [email protected]
Web: http://www.easternmichiganbbb.org

The BBB is a start, but it is just a non-profit organization. You can't get in trouble by having a bad score with the BBB, it is there to inform patrons no to use said company due to some reason.

Rob

·
Registered
9,894 Posts
I love it.. People are registereing here just because of you.. noyce..

·
'05 Excursion Limited
1,662 Posts
So, according to my wife, a restaurant manager for years, a quick way to give them a crap reputation is to somehow ensure that a bunch of mice (brown, the black and white would be way too obvious) that may or may not have been procured from a local pet shop find their way into the restaurant. Say if a handbag full of 20 or so were to accidentally fall over under a table. It would be a damn shame if this happened on a busy friday night.

You said you know a few locals still right? Might be worth the price of a dinner and a couple dozen mice.

·
Registered
1 Posts
i have gotten emails from over 25 people 10 of which are going in on a lawsuit let me know if you want to join also the landlord of their old store front is bringing charges for over 10,000 in rent still owed. he is passing me on 10 more families that are about to break the door down on the wallings home btw their personal address is public knowledge just fyi..

·
Registered
1,773 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
My sister went by the restaurant this evening. Apparently they close at 9....what a stupid way to make money...especially for a restaurant to close at 9PM!! She is going to go back later this week to scope it out. She said that there was only a small sitting area.

I told her the 'rat' idea....she loved it, she is setting up a live trap out in her back yard for field mice-

@rcracerx - This will be an epic thread- it's in the brewing stages.;)

@iwilscrewthewallings:: PM me your email, all you gave me is your phone number and being on PST makes it difficult to call you with out it being super late for you, or early as hell for me. Email will be a better form of communication for now....:whiteflag If I don't hear back from you, I'll try calling this weekend.

And yes I want in. Just to help kick them while they are down, it seems that they have screwed over more people than I thought. Let me know If you need anything.

Rob:beer

1 - 20 of 52 Posts