Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Is it? I just know it's nice to know there's something needing fixxing on my truck, and I can wear a white shirt and stay clean.

·
Diesel Gynachologist
11,532 Posts

·
aka: kemicalburns
7,857 Posts
i still need to take mine in as well

·
Premium Member
4,002 Posts
damn!!! don't think i would mind if my truck burst into flames. don't tease me like that.

·
Registered
500 Posts
I haven't messed with the cruise on the bronco I just bought. Is there a way to tell if the thing has been in for this recall?

Thanks,
mR

·
Super Moderator
26,296 Posts

·
Registered
147 Posts
The letter I have is to replace the part they put in.

"may have been repaired using a Fused Jumper Harness containing circuit polarity that is not compatible with your vehicle"

·
Registered
2 Posts
wait so they put in a bad harness? that's ridiculous. well i guess i should unplug mine. maybe i'll bring it back in when i'm done with my SAS. see what they think.

·
Registered
1996 Bronco 5.0/E4OD/BW1356
1,489 Posts
You mean you guys don't use cruise control when trail riding? Greatest thing ever :toothless

·
Registered
227 Posts
I took mine the last time they had a recall. The mechanic looked under the hood for 5 seconds and said I didn't have the part that needed to be replaced. What a waste of time!!!

·
Registered
2,215 Posts
My cruise control doesn't work anyways, I don't care about it.

·
Registered
754 Posts
cruise recall

http://www.ford.com/dynamic/metatags/article-detail/223_important_notice_voluntary_recall_update

I unplugged mine again so I don't have to worry about a fireball in the barn.
===============
Darn dealer did not have the harness in stock. I just put a fuse in the hot supply to the master cyl switch, 5amp does the trick and it has been in use for several years. I wouldnt waste the gas to go to the dealer then wait a half a day for them to do their thing. Must have taken me 10 minutes to install an in line fuse.

·
trying to go fast!!
1,082 Posts
just rip that cruise crap outa their! who uses cruise control on the trail anyway?

1 - 20 of 23 Posts