Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sooooo

When I was pulling parts off of my donor F150 I noticed that the truck has cruise control on it with all parts in working order.

Any idea how to mount this crap and make it work on my non cruise control 88 Bronco

:confused:

·
Registered
1,639 Posts
Will I can tell you want you will need;

The cruise-control-cable that attaches to your throttle linkage from controlling unit

Wiring harness between steering wheel and the body

Steering wheel or the cover pad with the controls

The cruise-control de-activation switch below the dash with hose connector

And the unit that sits within the engine bay with electrical connectors and vacuum hose

And lastly, your EEC has to has cruise control pins and such

·
Premium Member
4,778 Posts
If you don't have all the items, I had a thread a couple or so weeks back about adding CC to a non CC vehicle. I found the company and spoke with the tech guys about what parts were needed. The company name is Rostra. They make probably the majority of Cruise Control units for every car.

http://fullsizebronco.com/forum/showthread.php?t=176083

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Sweet deal im pretty sure that I wont need any parts because the donor F150 is literally only one year away from mine.

The only thing I might need to address is that computer thing.
I cant use the donor F150 because it is an inline 6, but should the stock computer have a plugin for it?

·
Registered
6 Posts
I've bought a pile of the audiovox kits for my cars, for a $100 they are hard to beat for simplicity. But if you want factory or dirt cheap, go for it and let us know how it went.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts