Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Today I went out to leave for work and I noticed that my airbag light was blinking a code 32. From my understanding that is a open loop in the airbag circuit. Then I found out the the horn doesn't work. So then I tried the cruise control and that doesn't work either. What the likely problem so I have an idea where to start?
Thank in advance for any help.

·
Registered
245 Posts
I can't remember which category I saw it in but someone had ordered a clock spring off ebay and was very happy with it and the cost. Might try there

·
Registered
245 Posts

·
Premium Member
98 Posts
I also wanted to add rockauto.com as a good and cheap place.
Don't know about the quality and all but I think it's abotu $55 over
there as well . . . I've had good luck with them so far . . .

·
Registered
2,900 Posts
Its not a sliding contact, its just a big band or ribbon of wires wrapped around so it can turn with the steering wheel. Kind of looks like a wound up tape measure inside it

·
Premium Member
98 Posts
is the installation pretty straight forward? I read in the manual that I shouldn't take the airbag out . . .

·
Registered
1,121 Posts
As for the airbag,disconnect the battery and wait a couple of minutes,then unbolt the air bag,unplug and place it outside of the Bronco,face up.Don't be scared of the airbag just have respect for it.

·
Premium Member
98 Posts
great then, time to get in there and just do it . . .
I was reading a write-up somewhere online by some dude who was doing it for his dodge . . .
I ordered the part from rockauto already and it came out to I think $65 including tax and S&H . . .

so thanks again, I'll let you all know how it went :rockon

·
Registered
1,121 Posts
You and I don't need to disconnect the battery Steve because of our experience,but I believe a person with little or no experience with the air bag system should disconnect the battery first.I would hate to have something go wrong with the re and re of the air bag and someone say's "So&So" said it would be ok to not disconnect the battery.The Ford shop manual states the first step is to disconnect the battery and wait at least 1 minute.

·
Premium Member
98 Posts
OK, so this is what I'm gonna do . . . I'm gonna do it without disconnecting the battery terminal (I can't stand turning on the radio and getting 87.5FM anymore!!!) and if you don't hear from me for a while then please come visit me in my hospital bed at UCLA . . . oh, bring chocolate!! :toothless :toothless

1 - 15 of 15 Posts