Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So the other night on my way home from work I went to use my cruise control and I discovered that it had stopped working. A few miles down the road I looked down at the dash and my temp guage magically was working (It has not moved above "C" since I have owned the truck)!!! Could the 2 be related??? I did take a look at the fuses and everything looks fine and my horn is working fine. The same symptoms have continued for several days...

Any thoughts?

·
Registered
202 Posts
i think it's just coincidence. Check the vss, your speedo and cruise control work off that sensor.
Also, ECT could be out, making your temp gauge not read.

·
Super Moderator
25,806 Posts
yo!
Ewgoetz is Correct; good advice!
Recall for 94-96 Bronco, 94-02 F-150, 97-02 Expedition & 98-02 Lincoln Navigators; NHTSA CAMPAIGN ID Number: 05V017000; Recall Date JAN 27, 2005 & Update; (search for 05V017000 in "Safety Recalls)' ON CERTAIN SPORT UTILITY VEHICLES AND PICKUP TRUCKS, THE SPEED CONTROL DEACTIVATION SWITCH MAY OVERHEAT, SMOKE, OR BURN THIS CONDITION COULD LEAD TO A FIRE. FIRES HAVE OCCURRED WHILE THE VEHICLES WERE PARKED WITH THE IGNITION 'OFF.' AS AN INTERIM REPAIR, OWNERS WILL BE INSTRUCTED TO RETURN THEIR VEHICLES TO THEIR DEALERS TO HAVE THE SPEED CONTROL DEACTIVATION SWITCH DISCONNECTED. AS SOON AS REPLACEMENT PARTS ARE AVAILABLE (EARLY APRIL 2005), OWNERS WILL BE INSTRUCTED TO RETURN TO THE DEALERS FOR INSTALLATION OF A NEW SWITCH FREE OF CHARGE. OWNERS MAY CONTACT FORD AT 1-800-392-3673. (NOTE: ALSO SEE RECALLS 05V388 AND 06V286) FORD RECALL NO. 05S28. CUSTOMERS MAY ALSO CONTACT THE NATIONAL HIGHWAY TRAFFIC SAFETY ADMINISTRATION'S VEHICLE SAFETY HOTLINE AT 1-888-327-4236 (TTY 1-800-424-9153), OR GO TO HTTP://WWW.SAFERCAR.GOV
Source: by National Highway Traffic Safety Administration nhtsa.dot.gov
=
Recall Update; Field Service Action 05S28 Speed Control System Modification Supplement #7 for 94-96 Bronco, 94-02 F-150/250 (Under 8500 GVW), 97- 02 Expedition, 98-02 Navigator, 02 Blackwood
Source: by Ford via Steve83 (Steve, That dirty old truck) at SuperMotors.net

Recall; Fused Jumper Harness (14A411) pic; "List price on this is ~$11 (as of the date I posted the pic), but it will be installed at NO CHARGE (parts or labor) on vehicles covered by the recall. Even though the label is wrong about the fuse being internal, it should still NEVER be replaced. If it blows, it means the brake pressure switch is leaking, and (as the label states) should be replaced with the new switch & adapter harness kit, listing for ~$20 right now..."
Source: by Ford via Steve83 (Steve, That dirty old truck) at SuperMotors.net

Someone here in FSB had a fire due to da leaky switch lately; think it was in past 2 weeks.

Belafox wrote; "...I have a 95 Bronco and back in feb.-11- 2010 my rig's master cylinder's deactivation connection caught fire, this is what the recall "speed control system" is and the recall is still on going. Just go to www.fordowner.com to find out about recalls. After contacting Fordowner.com and filing a claim they passed it on to the claims group @ FORD to be reviewed. Once the group reviewed my claim then someone got in touch with me, I have to mail copys of my title, bill of sale, ect. and copy's of photos of the damage to her. She said that the dealer dose not have parts for vehicles 10 years and older so I have to get my local shop to replace the master cylinder and the wires that were effected by the break fluid and their labor cast, she will cut me/the shop a check and then after the work is done then the dealer will look it over to make sure the truck and the work is up-to-date. All this to fix something that at most costs $200. WTF..."

Call your dealer anyway; have the VIN ready.

DO NOT PARK Next to a Home or in a garage until it's fixed.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts