Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have searched the forums and have found a lot of helpful information on the cruise control system, but nothing that addresses my issue. My cruise control works fine, however when I brake the cruise won't dump, it just keeps on going. After looking on FSB I checked all my vacuum lines and the connection to the brake pedal and all seems fine. I have a manual transmission and if I tap the clutch the cruise does cut out. So I don't think it is a vacuum issue. Any ideas?

·
Registered
2006 Lincoln Navigator
1,513 Posts
Your cruise control system uses a signal from the brake light circuit. Do your brake lights come on when you depress the brake pedal? Later models used the pressure switch tied into the hydraulic brake lines. My '92 F-350 is also vacuum controlled like yours. It takes a pretty good tap on the brake pedal to shut off the cruise AND get the brake lights to come on, even after replacing said brake switch.

Here are links to some info for your cruise system:

How the Circuit Works

Speed Control Diagram

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I just checked and my brake lights come on when I brake, so it probably isn't the switch. Thanks for the diagrams I will look them over and see if they give me any good ideas!

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Okay - so this was a stupid noob problem. I figured there was no way a fuse could be the problem since when you look at the manual the two fuses in the cruise control system are linked with brake lights etc. Since the cruise worked and brake lights came on - not a fuse problem right? Wrong. I should have checked them anyway. The number one fuse in the box that is linked with brakes was not totally seated in the fuse box. I seated it properly - now everything works. Lesson learned.

·
Registered
2006 Lincoln Navigator
1,513 Posts
Very strange behavior indeed. Glad you found it!

·
shibby
4,826 Posts
Thank you for coming back and updating your thread with the solution. It helps out with future searches for people with similar problems.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts