Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Kicking around the idea of just selling it instead of messing with it much more. It's a white 96, 302, auto. Has the usual rust above the rear wheel wells, is completely stock with the exception of an after-market tranny cooler and remote filter for the tranny as well. Interior is in good shape, no rips or tears, my dad was the original owner and a ford mechanic for 30 years. Mechanically it runs well but will need a master cylinder. It has the manual transfer case and the handle broke off some time ago so that would need fixing. All manual windows and locks. Original electric locking hubs, 135K on it and i can guarantee it's never been off roaded other than a grassy field at the local boy scout camp. Just trying to get an idea of what it's worth and if it would be better for me to maybe fix the broken shifter and master cylinder then put it up for sale. I figured if anyone would have a good guage of approx value it;d be here.
Thanks

·
Premium Member
5,396 Posts
It's worth whatever somebody will pay for it. around here i'd expect to see it in the 3-4kish range.. but who knows, look on craigslist and see what other similar ones are selling for. you also didn't post pics which help us decide value greatly.

i can tell you this, if you replace the master cylinder (about $20 and 30 minutes install time) it will increase the sale value by probably 25%. any time there is something wrong with a vehicle, no matter how minor, it freaks people out and destroys resale value. i'm guessing that shift handle is an easy fix too (just glue it back on??)

·
Engineer
13,165 Posts
$10. I'll pick it up. PM me an address

·
Kitteh Commandaar!
4,194 Posts
A pair of used breast implants, a paperclip, and a piece of string. :toothless

KC

·
Registered
3,063 Posts
Seriously as I can get,I'd say $3000-3500 depending on the rust.And with the master cylinder and shifter repaired.

·
Too many broncos!
1,240 Posts
I'd say no more then $2000, look on craigslist like someone else has said.. around here Bronco's that are for sale and need things fixed on them aren't going for stellar prices..

That being said - I have seen broncos on CL for $15,000 to $300.. but doesn't mean that's what they are getting for them..

rhauf is right, fix the little things on it and then sell it, will go for allot more.

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Thanks for the advice guys, i was thinking if I could get 3K out of it i'd be happy but I'm looking at fixing the few little things wrong with it. Who knows if I can get those things fixed I might just renew my interest in it.

·
Registered
971 Posts
really need some pictures of it.

·
Registered
3,063 Posts
Wearing no pants will probably decrease resale value.When potential buyers come,it will be to your financial advantage to be in a minimum of cargo shorts.

·
'05 Excursion Limited
1,662 Posts
You should bolt some amps on the floor and add some crappy Corbeau seats.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts