Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2,513 Posts
If I had a 6'' lift then would it sit level or would I need to flip them?

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
If I had a 6'' lift then would it sit level or would I need to flip them?
I don't know. I never put a front end underneath and I was going to SAS with 79 D60 up front with 4.5" Superlift coils but never got around to finishing.

With flipping the shackle, you have the capability to locate the mount where you want with relation to the shackle and leaf lengths.

·
Registered
44 Posts
damn thats a good price. im a bit lost as to why they are longer, but will fit. are they made longer to get the 5inch total lift? and if it was redrilled to set in the original wheelbase of the bronco will the hole not be in the center of the spring anymore(lengthwise since you had them drilled for a longer wheelbase)

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
damn thats a good price. im a bit lost as to why they are longer, but will fit. are they made longer to get the 5inch total lift? and if it was redrilled to set in the original wheelbase of the bronco will the hole not be in the center of the spring anymore(lengthwise since you had them drilled for a longer wheelbase)
They were designed a little bit longer length overall to provide better droop. A longer spring (depending where the axle lies within) can droop as the spring provides a longer torsional arm to twist when articulating. The Bronco has plenty of room to have the rear portion (center pin back) of the spring to be lengthened. I had flipped my Superlift springs in the previous lift and kept the same design with these springs. Just never got the fronttogether to go wheeling with them. Flipping the shackle provides opportunity to customize the overall lift and shackle length to match the lift on the front. You don't have to flip the shackle. I even used my stock shackle bracket. So my leaf end/shackle didn't hang below the frame.

To set to the original wheelbase, just locate the axle, drill the frame for the front mount, bolt it in, bolt the rear bracket into the stock location and figure out where you want to put it for lift and droop with the weight of the Bronco on the springs.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts