1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
604 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Item name:Custom Offroad bumper
Price:$1000 obo
Description:
First off, I would like to mention I have talked to the Moderator before deciding to post. My intentions for selling this bumper is go totally start over and make another bumper for MYSELF because I now have acess to bigger and better tools. With that bumper, notes will be taken during the design and assembly process and POSSIBLY become a vendor and start making bumpers if my bumper works out.

With that said, I would like to sell everything including the 6 lights and its wiring up to the body.

-The Bumper
here is the link to the build. The bumper just turned 1 year old last week
http://fullsizebronco.com/forum/showthread.php?t=86312&highlight=front+bumper&page=5

Its basically self explanitory.

-The Wiring
I did the wiring myself using 10-12 ga wiring, with all joints soldered and either shrink wrapped or taped. All that would be needed on your half is the switch, wiring from the switch to the bumper, and over to the power. Very simple. I am not willing to part with the switch because I have a custom center console, and it would be more work then its worth to take the wiring out of my harness.

-The Lights

4-6" 100 watt Halogens, and 2- 4" 50 watt halogens. The inner two big lights are wired to one switch, the two outers are to one switch and the two inset are wired to a seperate switch. They are not KC's. I couldnt bring myself to spending that much on lights that bulbs can be replaced like butter. One of the lights has some smaller black spots because they do get some moisture in them on certain days(I live in MN, so the tempurature will do that) I sealed the Lens, but not the back part, which is probably where its comming in at. I havent had to replace any bulbs though in its year of use.

-The Mounts

If you look in the last pages of my build thread, you'll see the frame mounts. They use the whole frame horn using all the mounting holes. Their are 8 grade 8 bolts total. This bumper will mount to 87-91 Fullsize, F150's. Some modification will be needed for Ones with Sway Bars, F250's and F350's because those only have the two front holes available

The price is not set, but close. The price was figured by looking at other online vendors pricing, the price of the lights, wiring, bedliner ect. The bumper will be able to be mounted the day it arrives at your doorstep with only a 30 minute wiring job to do!

-The Shipping

The bumper weighs approx. 150 lbs. I have Found FedEx is cheaper. The packaging will be at its minimal, only to prevent it from scuffing, or damaging other packages. You do not have to worry about the bumper being damaged. Its a very sturdy bumper. Unless you would like to have it in a 30 lb crate, thats up to you.

Location (City):Mankato, MN
ZIP CODE (for shipping calculations):56003
Will you Ship? (Y/N):Yes
Method of shipment (UPS, FedEx, etc):Fed Ex
Payment method (PayPal, check, MO, etc):paypal, Check, MO
Other info: The bumper is still on the truck. I can take more pictures of anything upon request. I am not trying to hide anything. The Herculiner(bedliner) has some spots getting thin because I used the highest pressure tip. I can put another coat on, if thats what the buyer plans on keeping it with the bedliner. The Herculiner is not the UV protectant. After a few good washes and scrubs, the shine will go away. Armor All shines it back up though!

-Josh
[email protected]

·
Registered
118 Posts
damn thats nice, i wish it wasnt so much. good luck on the sale!!

·
Registered
118 Posts
would you be interested in a trade for a soft top?

·
Designated Tranny Killer
6,958 Posts
he has a F-150 not a bronco

·
Registered
118 Posts
whoops sorry i didnt catch that, never mind.

·
Registered
390 Posts
hey man i dont know if you havnt logged on in a while but ill just post this here as well.. you interested in doing a SAS i have a solid front D44 axle in my garage

·
Registered
604 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
KD, Thats a good offer, but if I were to do a SAS, I would get my axles locally, more then likely from my buddy MuddinBronc.

Dawgfan, I made the bumper with a hitch for if I ever were to run a winch, It would be portable being its not only hard on the front end to carry around that much weight on a ttb, but its also a daily driver and the most offraod it sees are in hunting situations and feilds, which I do a lot of, but not year-round

i would guess shipping will be under $200. PM me if your interested, and we could make out a deal on shipping. $1000 shipped?:chili:

·
Registered
809 Posts
KD, Thats a good offer, but if I were to do a SAS, I would get my axles locally, more then likely from my buddy MuddinBronc.

Dawgfan, I made the bumper with a hitch for if I ever were to run a winch, It would be portable being its not only hard on the front end to carry around that much weight on a ttb, but its also a daily driver and the most offraod it sees are in hunting situations and feilds, which I do a lot of, but not year-round

i would guess shipping will be under $200. PM me if your interested, and we could make out a deal on shipping. $1000 shipped?:chili:
Thanks, but still a little rich for me. I may be better off waiting for you to be a vendor, then I can have you make me 1 exactly the way I want it:beer I'll think it over though, it is a nice bumper.

·
green ones make me horny
11,135 Posts
That bumper says hey get the fawk out of my way or i will run you over. I wish i could afford it

·
Registered
604 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
If you were to take away the price of the lights, wiring and coating, I think the bumper itself is very reasonably priced

$1000 shipped

You pay for insurance, if you want:thumbup

·
Registered
390 Posts
dude this thing would have already been sold the first day you put it up if it were to stick out 6 or so more inches

good luck tho

·
Registered
809 Posts
$750 HMMMM.... We're getting warmer!:toothless Don't get take it personal man. I'ts not that the bumper isn't worth that price, It's just that most people with 87-91 BKO's won't spend that much for a bumper.

·
Registered
604 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
$750 HMMMM.... We're getting warmer!:toothless Don't get take it personal man. I'ts not that the bumper isn't worth that price, It's just that most people with 87-91 BKO's won't spend that much for a bumper.

not from what I have seen:beer

KC The bumper stick out about 8 inches from the body if I remember correct. I really dont see the point in having a bumper stick out a foot. Maybe for working on the engine, but then you wouldnt have a grille gaurd. The bumper stays away from the body at least 4 inches until the sides, which are 2 inches. theres plenty of space between contact with the bumper to the body.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts