Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,930 Posts
nice work man, what do you do for a living?? i ask beucase that takes some serious skill.

also what was with the "vintage" furniture pics?

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I didn't make the dash shell or the radio bezel. I took the original plastic dash pieces to a car restoration place and the owner sent them to a Master Welder buddy of his to be duplicated. This was a few years back. They charged me $300 for both pieces! I was amazed. We never discussed price, and when the owner dude pulled them out I thought it would be $1000. There is a LOT of work in them to get all the right curves and everything! It was scary to make the first cut. The furniture is stuff I'm remodeling my house with. I like 60s and 70s and chrome furniture. There is almost no wood furniture in my house. It's an old farmhouse built in 1900, but the place is huge. I've got a long ways to go on it. the dash came out WAY better than I could have ever imagined and fit like a glove from the get go - very little trimming. I did all the other aluminum stuff and have a lot more to do, I used to be a carpenter, but like metal better than wood. I need to get a bottle of gas for my new welder so I can get to making stuff also. I'm a railroader now.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.