Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
413 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just got My new STC top on, and about finished my custom bumper and winch mount. I am running a tow truck winch so I had to mount it alittle different then normal. I still need to diamond plate the top to cover the gaps up.

Yea I know it is multi colored. I was in the middle of painting it and doing body work then it got cold.

·
Lick my balls
13,029 Posts
I like it, except your rollers are way too high. On my last winch, when it reeled in, th cable was on the bottom and you want the bottom of the spool to line up with the roller. Even if yours reels in the other way, it is still too high.

·
Engineer
13,165 Posts
Fill in the top of the bumper so that you have a nice place to stand and work on the truck. Otherwise it looks real good. Some tow points wouldn't hurt either. I would also agree the rollers are way too high, is there a problem with cutting a hole in the bumper and mounting them in the middle of the bumper?

The overall shape looks familiar

·
Registered
413 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The roller is inline with the winch. The reason the bumper is mounted that low is because I can't go up any higher otherwise my motor to the winch will be uncovered. The pic below is with 1 inch clearance.

·
Registered
413 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
ToddACimer said:
Fill in the top of the bumper so that you have a nice place to stand and work on the truck. Otherwise it looks real good. Some tow points wouldn't hurt either. I would also agree the rollers are way too high, is there a problem with cutting a hole in the bumper and mounting them in the middle of the bumper?

The overall shape looks familiar

I am putting some tow points just have to get to the store. I am going to use two pintle rings. Also I am putting some diamond plate on the top to fill it in, also need to get to the metal store. The roller I explained above if I could have in the middle I would.

·
Banned
19,922 Posts
Worm-drive... MMMMMMMmmmmmmmm... :thumbup Which one is that: RE10000?

The center of the fairlead opening should align with the level of the cable when it's fully rolled in.

Remember that you can only pull as much as your welds will hold, so make sure they're good. A flying 150-lb bumper would NOT be funny. That's why mine is bolted with no modification to the frame. Eight 5/8" Gr.8 bolts each w/2 washers & a crimped nut.

·
Registered
413 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Steve83 said:
Worm-drive... MMMMMMMmmmmmmmm... :thumbup Which one is that: RE10000?

The center of the fairlead opening should align with the level of the cable when it's fully rolled in.

Remember that you can only pull as much as your welds will hold, so make sure they're good. A flying 150-lb bumper would NOT be funny. That's why mine is bolted with no modification to the frame. Eight 5/8" Gr.8 bolts each w/2 washers & a crimped nut.

Yea I don't ever trust just weld so Every peice that I have in there has a few bolts also. The 4 inch c-channel off the frame is welded top, side and bottom plus 3- gr.8 7/16 bolts and 2- 1/2 gr.8 bolts per side. Bumper mountes to the channel with 2 gr.8 bolts plus weld per side. And when the cable is fully rolled in it is level with fairlead opening. this is a dc-200 industrial winch.. I beleive it is only 8,000 lbs It is just backup I have never needed it but If I go out wheelin by my self it is nice to have. Especially for FREE..

1 - 9 of 9 Posts