Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I once knew a guy who had a 88 bko and when he put some custom bumpers on front and rear it caused his whole bko to drop 2 inchs in the front and rear.... has anyone else with custom bumpers lost this much??? I have a stock susp. And don't wanna lose 2 inches off my factory hieght when I go to buy or build new bumpers.

·
MARBLE GARGLER!
11,877 Posts
No. thats alot ! He might have bought them from someone who had some huge and stupid brush guard/light guard hoops welded on them as if it were designed for high speed kangaro hitting like in Australlia. That stupid stuff can really add the weight.

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That's what I was thinking but I wanted to check before I spent the time building something

·
Premium Member
5,106 Posts
You very well may lose a bit. The custom bumper on mine caused the rear to drop by probly 1/4 to a half inch... but 2 inches is way too much.

·
MARBLE GARGLER!
11,877 Posts
After I put my winch bumper and winch on my Bronco, I used the steel washers that fit under the coil spring, prefect. I think mine were made by Superlift- 2 per pac, A 1/4" washer gives 1" of lift, Worked great and cheeeeeap- i think Bronco Graveyard sells them.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts