Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok everyone im starting to venture more into the world of fabrication. and might be expanding to helping out fellow 4x4ers. I am right now in the process of building a double tube bumper for my 88 F150 4x4 then one for my bronco. Mine will function as both a bumper and air holding tank for my onboard air. I have used 1/4 inch thick 3 inch tube to start with. once I have the rear done ill start on the front. I will have pictures asap as I just started work on the rear tonight. As for offroad lights I have already made a few. I start with a 6 inch houseing ( uasually eagle's they are cheapest online ) and gut the houseing. I then rewire and mount in my lights. I have a friend that works at the airport and orders me ( yes I pay for them ) 6 inch 350watt 12v 747 pencil beam landing lights. I have sold a few sets but i think im going to put together a complete kit for new customers. the kit will include the needed wire, relays, switchs, and diagrams to hook up. Believe me these lights light up the world. I will soon be venturing into making skid plates for our trucks to protect oil pan, tranny, Tcase, front and rear ends, also building custom drive shaft loops and axle limiting straps ( if needed ). I will start to post pics as things are made and if all goes well I will start to make things for others I will be very very resonablely priced cause I know what its like to work on a budget. Hell im doing it now and I know sometimes people need a good deal. Just with some times people would step up to help with things too. thanks again everyone and ill keep you all updated. if there is anything you guys need and cant find give me a bit ti sketch it up and make something up in my spare time to see how it works. I know there is stuff out there we would like to have that other do but no one makes it for our trucks. hope to hear some ideas. you can also email me at [email protected]

·
Engineer
13,167 Posts
You might want to consider becoming an FSB vendor so you're not taking away from the guys that work hard building custom parts for our trucks and support the site

·
3 wheeler
1,693 Posts
Well if you want to sell something, it isn't going to be double tube bumpers. The style that has had the strongest hold around here is the pre-runner bumpers and that ones that look like tod's. Your going to find alot of people want stuff that is really cheap and that is high quality. Your bumber prices are going to have to be low and shipping is going to have to be easy. Good luck, and become a vendor. Talk to Dotsmoom or any other Mod.

·
Engineer
13,167 Posts
I still want to see another truck with my bumper on it.

·
Diesel Gynachologist
11,532 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
the pipe bumper is olny for the rear witch as I said i will be useing as a bumper and holding tank for my onboard air. as for making a profit im not looking to make much here so please everyone dont look at it that way im here to help others out with their needs and what ever I can do to help the sight as well I want to do. The prerunner bumpers are what im planing for the front. we just got a new hydo tube bender at work ( I got lucky and the boss gave me full access to the machine shop when ever I need it so got all the tools i think ill need to use ) and they might be ordering us a flowjet machine as well. We make alot of parts in house for machinery there since most our machines on the floor are quite old its hard to get parts for them. Again any way I can help the sight and support please tell me. and im here to help the members as well. thanks again guy for the imput and BTW Todd I like the bumper too.

·
Engineer
13,167 Posts
It's a pipe bumper for the on board shitter OBS... Like an old camper with the shitter draining into the bumper for storage.

·
Diesel Gynachologist
11,532 Posts
I think you will find building stuff for people for free will be short lived. time is money you know. I still get people wanting stuff for dirt cheap, or people I know wanting everything for free. I mean I dont mind helping someone out but there has got to be a line there. my prices are still way cheaper than a local shop will charge to build any bumpers, sliders, cages etc

all Im saying is good luck

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
as for the landling lights No its a 12v system on these. I have a pair on my truck already and love them although i did put a bigger alternator on it too. we used to use railroad passanger car track lights but those are a bitch to wire but boy are they bright

1 - 13 of 13 Posts