Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here are a some drawings of the console i am going to build.

Let me know what you think, and any ideas you have.

·
Registered
57 Posts
looks almost the same as what i have planned, but the empty space between the cupholders and the switch panel is gonna be a little tray similar to an expenditon.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I'm not sure what i am gonna make it out of yet.
I was thinking about diamond plate or plain sheet metal on the sides and maybe wood on the top covered with the camo fabric.

Thats why i posted this, i am lookig for ideas that i haven't thought of.

·
Premium Member
5,106 Posts
Depending on where the console sits, the cupholders may be in a place that makes you have to reach back to get at the cup which could cause spills or distract you from driving (looking back to try and put the cup in the holder) etc... just a thought. Overall, I think it looks good though and I agree, black diamond plate would be pretty sweet if you could tie it together and make it look seemless....

·
Registered
5,024 Posts

I did this, used carpet to cover carpentry imperfections,

·
Formerly vt89gtvert
2,425 Posts
I built mine and am kinda pleased with it (I would look much better once carpeted). The only problem is now I want to go twin stick, so the front section is going to be ripped out......

·
yes
1,769 Posts

·
Registered
604 Posts
how about a white background

If the print is to size, you could bring it to a fab shop and they could make that out of mild steel or aluminum with minimal welding. Either Plasma, Laser or jet cut it out, bend it up and weld the top to the sides.

·
FSB Pimpster & Recruiter
5,716 Posts

I did this, used carpet to cover carpentry imperfections,
But you forgot to cover the red wire that is showin... :banghead :rofl: Were did you get that carpet, at an upholstery place or somewhere else? it looks like OEM... :thumbup

Ghost, That looks awesome... :thumbup

Fire, I think your on the right track. Shane, I may be wrong, but I think those cup holders are for the passengers in the back... :shrug Notice how he has four? :shocked

Fire, watt color is your interior? I like the mention of like flames or even the having it painted as if it was on fire... my .02 KEEP The pictures comin, we all love pictures... :thumbup

Allcruisen :imp :usa

PS now I gotta go out and redo my console :banghead :histerica

·
Registered
5,024 Posts
But you forgot to cover the red wire that is showin... :banghead :rofl: Were did you get that carpet, at an upholstery place or somewhere else? it looks like OEM... /QUOTE]
AC, that red wire was an afterthought, powering a multi port from battery, finally "tucked" it in.....and that carpet is marine grade from Lowes. You can buy if off a bulk roll... that and 3M spray adhesive and you are good to go.....

and BTW, thanx for the props

·
Premium Member
5,106 Posts
Shane, I may be wrong, but I think those cup holders are for the passengers in the back... :shrug Notice how he has four? :shocked

Allcruisen :imp :usa

PS now I gotta go out and redo my console :banghead :histerica
Ahhhhh...... nice. I did not even see that.... well then helz... I think its a great design. Specially if you have cup holders for the people riding in the back!!!

Make 2 and send me 1!!!

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
This is just a preliminary plan. i am going to work on the design some more today. i will try to post some updated pics a little latter.
The 2 cup holders are for the back, and i did think about the black diamond plate i think that would be really nice.

·
Bronco Master
594 Posts
I'd integrate a locking secondary compartment for a handgun, otherwise it looks good. I haven't had a console in my truck for a couple of years now. My next one will be made of steel or aluminum. MDF or plywood takes up a significant amount of the available space in the console.

That chase truck console in the link looks sweet, but having the Lowrence that low would make it dangerous for the driver to look at it. I would remove the factory radio in the F-250 and mount the Lowrance there (they make a panel mount piece for it), and put an aftermarket stereo down in the console. When I add one in my Bronco I'm going to mount it where my tachometer is now. I'll have to change the mount for the gauges when the time comes.

·
Registered
45 Posts
diamond palte aint cheap tractor supply would be ur best bet and even some 1/8 inch would surfice .

1 - 20 of 23 Posts