Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 20 of 112 Posts

·
Registered
8,391 Posts
I was just gonna make a folder in my superford account for different bumper ideas. I decided to maybe try and help others out, who might be in the market for custom bumpers.

I just wanted one place to look at different front & rear bumpers.

This should give some ideas as to what's out there.

I know I missed a bunch, so if you want to add to this thread, try to keep thumbnail pics, to help out the 56k guys/girls. Also, please dont clutter the tread up with useless posts. Try to keep it limited to pics/info/questions about front and rear bumpers.

Obviously if you're in the market, talk with BoonDockBumpers or Dustin(if you live in AZ) and they should be able to set you up.

I hope this helps.

92-96

Maurader's '96

Dustin's '93

Plug Ugly's '94

ToddACimer's '94

http://fordtruckworld.tenmagazines.com/mygallery.asp?id=13730

Bronkzilla's '95

http://www.bronkzilla.com/

Jackhart's '96

Shadofax's '95

https://www.fullsizebronco.com/forum/showthread.php?t=26028&highlight=winch+mount

94_chickentaco's '94

Ogeechee 4x4's '94

Blaze's '94

87-91

DBlue351's '91

SraTex's '88

SpareParts '83/'88(front clip)

Andy351's '89

Kht428's '88

Built4wheelin's '90

Brokenbronco's '88

Dr Dirty's '90

Bronco Chick's '90

Bearfoot_25's '89

Ironclad's '88

80-86

81Bronk36's '81

Bronco85's '85

Zach94's '86

BigNorm's '86

Redwagon's '85

Hulk's '86

Steve83's '83

Chris85xlt's '85

84Excursion's '84

Calisa1969's '86

·
Premium Member
10,513 Posts
mine cost about $20 and a coupla hrs :)

has class III tow hitch inverted for tow point incorporated into the center...more at superford site if anybody cares

·
Lick my balls
13,047 Posts
Wow! Someone was bored, but good idea though. :thumbup

Here is mine

It's also a tool box and a reciever for a winch.

·
Wrenching for a Livin'
6,951 Posts

·
Registered
1,209 Posts
Chuck's (not yet finished)

Actually, in this shot I hadn't finish welded it yet. It's also missing the extra plates at the end to reinforce the shackle mounts. I'll post pics when I get a chance to complete it, I'm working on the cab crossmember right now.

Incidentally, this is stronger than a normal Class V hitch, and the shackle mount points are good for 17k lb. each, plus about 10k at the receiver (simultaneous). I'll re-check and get better numbers when I put up the finished photos. This is on a cab conversion, if you wanted a full-width bumper it would be an easy matter to make wings to extend the sides -- just fillet weld them to the plate all around like the center is.

Killer thread -- I still have to decide what I want to do for my front bumper. :twotu:

·
Banned
38,730 Posts
My front is mounted with four 5/8" Gr.8 bolts, washers, & crimped locknuts per side, all in factory holes. It has never moved, even in the rollover when the grille guard dug into the pavement.

The rear has seven 9/16" per side. Only the 6 (total) from the old receiver are not in factory holes. It didn't shift in the rollover either, but it did bend the frame when I hit the back bumper on the ground 3 times one wheeling trip. One of them was as I came out of this ditch. **EDIT** Here's a collage:

Swamp Donkey
If you read the whole thread, you'll find your answer in post #27. :deal

1 - 20 of 112 Posts