Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
304 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i recently picked up a 78 bronc, and the interior was mostly dismantled, and i am missing a few major pieces, namely door panels. i am not a big fan of the factory ones, so no big loss. i stripped out the carpet because it was shot, and the p/o used some kind of liner on the tub. he did a half assed job, but it isn't horrible. i was just wondering if i could get you guys to post some pics of custom interiors so i could get some inspiration and ideas. i would really appreciate pics of custom door panels. i was thinking start with some flat pieces of diamond plate aluminium and go from there. any thoughts or pics are welcome here, so post away:beer

·
Premium Member
5,371 Posts
You can check out the monstaliner thread if you haven't already, but they also sell perfectly molded carpets at bronco graveyard and also nice aftermarket panels. I dig the look if the diamond plate, but personally like the after market panels better.

·
Registered
304 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i want to do something home brewed. never really have liked factory interiors, and door panels always seem to rattle and make the most irritating noises. if i lived somewhere with nicer year round weather, i would skip doors all together, but it gets cold in illinois.
p.s. already checked the monstaliner thread. think i'll wait till they come out with colors and use it on the exterior after hearing what you guys said about durabak

·
Registered
7,918 Posts
A number of people have made diamond plate door panels. Search the 78-79 forum for some pictures.

Hardest part would be making a functional/comfortable armrest.

·
Registered
304 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
thanks. i never ever really used the arm rests. always had my arm resting on the window opening.

·
Registered
304 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
i'm starting out without door panels, and i don't want to shell out the cash for repops or take my chances with the ones in my junkyards. custom, or none. thanks for the link

·
Registered
304 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
correct. i want this truck to have some custom touches, and i was just looking for some inspiration to go off of to get me headed in the right direction.

·
Premium Member
3,696 Posts
correct. i want this truck to have some custom touches, and i was just looking for some inspiration to go off of to get me headed in the right direction.
You need to look on some hot rod sites. They do really nice custom door panels using thick cardboard, foam, vinyl fabric and 3M spray adhesive. Pretty easy really. Use layers of dense foam to make designs like flames stand out.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts