Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
One Cold North Dakotan
3,150 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was just wondering if anyone has taken some "high performance" headlight bulbs and just put them onto a light bar inside the normal reflective bowl things? They sell like 8500 kelvin lights and all that on Ebay for fairly cheap, and I wondered if that would produce good results to use them. My friend actually got the 8500 k ones for his car, and they were green, but I actually thought they were less bright than the regular white lights that came stock on it, but he just said that they weren't aimed right.

It's just another one of my weird ideas on how to save money, but could it be equally as good as Daylighters?

·
Registered
80 Posts
when it comes to real HID's 4300k actually give the most light output. When you start going above that you lose light output, so the real blue/purple 8000K+ kits aren't very usefull, more just for looks.

·
Call Me Ace
1,951 Posts
youd have to have some kindof reflective "bowl thing" to project the light out in one direction.
i might be misunderstanding your quesiton...
ace

·
One Cold North Dakotan
3,150 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yes, for the bowl I could just use a regular old halogen sealed beam round or square light, take the old bulb out the back, put in a new brighter light, and then seal up the back so no moisture could get in.

Are silverstars pretty much the brightest that you can get for cars?

What's the next step or two above automotive lighting... like train lights or some spotlights or something?

·
Past Bronco Owner
4,856 Posts
Silverstars are cool but they burn out way to fast.

I had aircraft landing lights on my previous 4x4. they were bright at the time but off road lights today are brighter.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.