Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey check out this power window kit for 78's and 79's:

http://www.thehoffmangroup.com/autoloc/details.lasso?itemid=PWC1

Does anyone have any experience with this style of kit? I also see where they sell "flat glass" kits include the bracket and stuff... doesn't the 78 and 79 have flat side glass? It looks like it to me, or is the curvature just real subtle? I like this kit mainly because it bolts on - does it really? Power windows were not an option in 78 or 79 were they?

TIA

·
Salt-Man
1,634 Posts
I think that is a cool deal, I did not see the flat glass you were speaking of ?
but still a neat deal.

but I would think that for the majority of us here, would rather stick with manual window cranks,
being that most of the bronks here get run through the blood and the guts of the earth

·
Premium Member
12,534 Posts
Does anyone have any experience with this style of kit? NO

I also see where they sell "flat glass" kits include the bracket and stuff... doesn't the 78 and 79 have flat side glass? NO

It looks like it to me, or is the curvature just real subtle? THEY ARE CURVED

I like this kit mainly because it bolts on - does it really? DON'T KNOW

Power windows were not an option in 78 or 79 were they? NO IT WAS NOT

TIA

There ya go.

·
Registered
404 Posts
I had thought about this at one time, but have since decided on plexiglass windows instead for weight reasons.... still seems like a neat ideal.... Hell, give it a go, and report back with the outcome....

**edit**
After reading more about it. I'd say go for it... seems to be a well built kit... it's not a one size fits all kit either, it's been designed especially for these old trucks...

·
Salt-Man
1,634 Posts
Is your Rig multi purpose johnny or strictly a trail Rig or Mud bogger?
arnt you afraid of plexiglass getting all scratched up? or are you talkin about Lexan

·
Registered
404 Posts
Not for my trail rig... For my old hot rod.....

After I get my new trail rig put together, I think I'm gonna try an get this ol boy in the 10's

·
Registered
533 Posts
i used autolocs on my 72 chevelle. to roll down all four windows, pop both doors, and the trunk. you should call them.
it fit rather well. it works great. i went for the heavy duty one. thats what some people at teamchevelle.com said i should do.
auto lock sends you a a diagram/dierection how to install everything. yes even for wires.i would of like the wires alittle longer. it takes some time to get it right, but works well.the power sitchs for the window even cover the stock crank holes.i have no pics. when i put it back together i will do so.
hope this helps.

·
Registered
533 Posts
autoloc, electra life? this is what my chevelle web sight says are the best. i went autoloc.they were cheaper, and i could add on to what i had.
autoloc will send everything you need to make it work. eletra life you need to buy about a hundred dollars worth the struff. making them the same.
i did this to my chevelle.just call them. this is how i made my choise.
i know chevelle :uke:i am a picture whore. this what i have autloc on.

sorry the smoothed doos, or shaved.

i know this has nothing to do with broncos. call them, and find out what works for you.

·
Registered
533 Posts
Is that done yet? or is that where it is now? I would like to see more of that when you are done. it is looking sweet
no. i bought a bronco, and got alittle side tracked. i plan on finishing it this summer. you guys are way more fun than my chevelle sight.

i also love those flames.

·
Registered
99 Posts
Those are $$. You can get the SPAL ones on Ebay for a little over $100 a set with the switches. There are some other descent brands and styles as well. If your window mechanism is in good shape you can use the style that attaches to the window crank and they come with plugs to cover the holes. Never used that style but it is supposed to be a simpler setup.

·
Registered
533 Posts
Those are $$. You can get the SPAL ones on Ebay for a little over $100 a set with the switches. There are some other descent brands and styles as well. If your window mechanism is in good shape you can use the style that attaches to the window crank and they come with plugs to cover the holes. Never used that style but it is supposed to be a simpler setup.
use one. they suck, and i do not care what brand. that dumb plug fits a hole:shrug. i do not think i want to see the hole it fits. it is very easy to install. the problem is. the gear that slides on to the shaft of your window crank is cheap plastic. it works for awhile. when that stupid gear looses its teeth then what? buy a new gear? there is no new gear. buy the hole dumb thing over is pretty much your options. you could buy autoloc. a few dollars more, but it works pretty good. the bonus is when you have a problem they answer the phone.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Spal is sh*t

I got a keyless entry from them and the back of the remote says "for home or office use only" - They don't even have their frequency approved by the FCC! Meaning they can only get away with like a 20 range. That, and the fan melting to my radiator 3-4 years ago lead me to believe that:

SPAL IS SHIT!

1 - 20 of 20 Posts