Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
21 - 40 of 76 Posts

·
Premium Member
12,538 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
can we get some pics of the ashtray thingy to find out about CB radio??? You have that CA bronco with CB right? I wanna see this and compare it to mine.
This panel is from a factory CB equipped Bronco. Notice the lack of ash tray on it. My CA Bronco did not have the CB from the factory Bronco kid, I have modified the ash tray to fit the box behind it.

The 1978 Bronco had a Freewheeling Option.

LINKY
Thanks and fixed.

·
Premium Member
12,538 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
So I have an ash tray on both rear quarter panels. That means I had CB?
No.

40 channel CB radio with antenna. This was available on all radio options. A simple way to tell if it had a CB originally if all wiring is gone look for an ash tray on the driver side cargo panel. If there is no ash tray it originally had a CB.

·
Registered
1,595 Posts
i think there was 2 differant trim packages offered for the xlt and rangers the earlier ones had the one like 79f150 has i also had a 76 with just the upper trim and the fenderwell trim but my 79 had the xlt racetrack trim on it. and you could also get the xlt without all the woodtrim..mine never had it. but it did have a/c and tilt steering and cruise control.

·
Registered
2,248 Posts
A/C tilt cruise were ordered seperate of the XLT package

there were packages like towing or camper packages that included the tilt cruise A/C with a larger radiator and sliding rear window in pickups

some stuff like the sport wheel could not be had if you wanted cruise control

xlt package if ordered included carpet wood grain trim seat and chrome headliner trim door panal inserts and XLT badges

also remember the youngest rig is 1979 and it is 28 years old alot of stuff can be swapped in that time frame

·
Registered
1,595 Posts
did you have to get woodtrim with the xlt package? mine has everything including the xlt badging and carpet and chrome headliner ring and low back buckets?but no wood trim in sight?also there was a couple differant 2 tone options availible.
A/C tilt cruise were ordered seperate of the XLT package

there were packages like towing or camper packages that included the tilt cruise A/C with a larger radiator and sliding rear window in pickups

some stuff like the sport wheel could not be had if you wanted cruise control

xlt package if ordered included carpet wood grain trim seat and chrome headliner trim door panal inserts and XLT badges

also remember the youngest rig is 1979 and it is 28 years old alot of stuff can be swapped in that time frame

·
FSB Pimpster & Recruiter
5,683 Posts
sweet one quick question though whats the differance between the custom and xlt spare tire carrier?
That is a very good question. I do not know what would be the difference. This is how the price list showed it.
The answer too this, I know... :chili:

It should read like the rest, "Combined with the XLT Package" :doh0715:

There is no difference, the difference in price is because You get a "Discount" if you get the XLT Package...

Allcruisen :imp :usa

·
Premium Member
12,538 Posts
Discussion Starter #35
I know a lot of guys search for the VIN number on the frame. Thanks to Trent (InfoFord) for this pic.

·
Registered
712 Posts
Ford called the trim in this pic "Wide Bodyside Molding"

and they called the thin lower trim "Race Track Molding" because it looks like a slot car race track going around the body

·
Registered
190 Posts
THE MOULDINGS WITH THE RUBBER INSERT ARE DOOR,FENDER,CAB CORNER,AND QUARTER PANEL MOULDINGS
THE MOULDINGS THAT SEPERATE TWO TONE PAINT ARE RACE TRACK MOULDINGS AT LEAST THAT IS WHAT WE CALL THEM AT THE FORD DEALER I WORK AT

21 - 40 of 76 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.