Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need to cut out my rear fenders on my 88 bronco to remove some rust and to allow for larger tires.I do not want to use buswacker flares as the brake too easy and they stick out too far. I do not know what else too use:shrug I was thinking of using flares for a pre 78 bronco from wild horse or james duff

K

·
0 Posts
i have some 2 week old warn 4x flares i'll sell ya... only stick out like 2 inches or so.......

·
Premium Member
10,513 Posts
I got these to replace the cheesy bushwackers, but haven't put them on yet ... if you search, there is a thread by DBLUE who bought flare by the foot at a semi truck parts store .. I couldn't find any up here so I went with what I could get

this is 2.5 inch width

·
CheeseBurger Milkshake!!
3,760 Posts
Instead of using fender flares, I cut the fender and inner fender, leaving about 1" extra on each, rolled it in to create a new lip, and smoothed it out with a body hammer. The project was time consuming, but there was no plastic to worry about on the trail, and it retained the fenders strength/stability. If you're looking to retain a flawless body, this is not a good idea. Although it works well to get rid of rust and improve tire clearance.

Just my .02.

·
Registered
2,904 Posts
I vote to make the BB automatically delete posts that have subject line with "Fender Flares" or "Bushwacker Cut Outs".

This is getting old.:banghead

·
Premium Member
10,513 Posts
I am working on getting the search functionality a bit more PRONOUNCED at the moment :thumbup

we will see if it happens :shrug .. I'm trying :thumbup

·
hates EVERYTHING!
11,456 Posts
mda said:
I vote to make the BB automatically delete posts that have subject line with "Fender Flares" or "Bushwacker Cut Outs".

This is getting old.:banghead
Don't forget to include "gears" and the term "What size lift"...maybe the first page to a new post should say "have you search yet??" It would be a lil of a PIA but I could get used to skip[ping over that easier than I could reading a thread that has been dogged to death allready...:shrug Just a thought....

·
FSB warrior
6,118 Posts
apparently he missed the post intitled " do not buy Bushwacker fender flares" or "fender flare idea" Or about 20 pics I have on my superford of nothing, although I have priced out 2" tractor edging and its 125 bucks for like 100 feet of it.

·
FSB warrior
6,118 Posts
Chew on this. The picture does not give the actual edge any credit. and like I said im going to do the Dblue method soon. Im doing a dash swap so I can do the same on the other side

how I had it before... bending up that inner peice tears the crap out of your thumbs (my buddy is missing part of his now!)

^^ looks extremely bad from that angle as well.^^

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
81Bronk36 said:
apparently he missed the post intitled " do not buy Bushwacker fender flares" or "fender flare idea" Or about 20 pics I have on my superford of nothing, although I have priced out 2" tractor edging and its 125 bucks for like 100 feet of it.
If you did not notice I am new to the site and I did a search but not much came up on the subject as well I said that I did not want bushwacker as they break to easy.:argue

·
Premium Member
10,513 Posts
Zippy said:
If you did not notice I am new to the site and I did a search but not much came up on the subject as well I said that I did not want bushwacker as they break to easy.:argue

don't sweat it dude :beer

·
FSB warrior
6,118 Posts
Damager said:
don't sweat it dude :beer
Definatly not... if I was serious I wouldnt have posted pics of my baby to help ya out.

B

·
0 Posts
http://www.JCWhitney.com Rubber or rubber with cable inside for strength.

I found a small plastic splash guard/mud flap at the back of the front fenders and the front of the back fenders was sufficient to keep the mud off my door and rock slider/step.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts