Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
1,100 Posts
My buddy uses his Dremel with the cut-off wheels and the little snake extension. Works great.

·
Registered
13,892 Posts
My dog runs from the mere sight of a garden hose, so you can imagine what fun it is to clip his nails. It takes me and Kris to hold him down, while I do the clipping. I use clippers that look like pliers

·
Registered
519 Posts
crazed try the ones for large lizards, I used to have a monitor that put those nails to shame. look just like the one david posted but is big enough to take your thumb off. Dremels also work as long as your dog will hold still.

·
Premium 4 Lyfe - Way Back Staff
'95 XLT: 5.8, MAF, E4OD, 4.56's, 6" on 33's
36,866 Posts
I use the same ones Raf showed.
My pups got some purty big nails and little patience for the trim.

·
Charlie don't surf..
'92 Ford Bronco XLT
15,252 Posts
Tim, I used the ones like Raf and Pepe' use on my Lab, and he has some thick nails. Remember to only cut a little bit off each time you clip his nails. This will cause the quick to recede and make it easier the next time you cut them.

·
Are those REAL?!?!
1,702 Posts
Also, remember that dogs have a blood vessel in their nails, do not trim them TOO MUCH... they will bleed.... a lot!!! Don't ask me how I know this...

good luck...

·
Registered
13,892 Posts
This spring, I'll be leaving Bronco outside for most of the day, partly so all his walking and running around, will keep his nails short. Plus, I'm tired of having dog fur all over the F'in place

·
Registered
1,026 Posts
Some dogs seem to wear their nails down and others don't. I use sidecutters for my dogs claws, the ones shown above work well to. I just have sidecutters (dikes or dykes) handy. Your dogs nails are clear so you will be able to see the blood vessel. Cut below the blood vessel. If that is still to long trim them regularly as the blood vessel will recede.

HTH

Tim

·
Registered
7,164 Posts
Tim, you can take him to the vet and not only can they trim them professionally they can put the dog under a local that is completely harmless so that the dog doesnt have any stress. I obvioulsy dont know your dogs presoanlity but I am sure you would hate your dog freaking out over something like this.

I *think* they can coderise the tips too, so that the nails dont grow back for a LONG time. (Not sure about your breed)

Hope this helps.

·
scrounger extrordinaire
4,774 Posts
i use a pair like the ones dave shows but with orange handles. nice. will take off a pinky easily. the blades are offset kinda so they cut really smooth & clean. my female trims her own too queen.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts