Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,243 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, I bought a set of ford heads for the 460, I got three different results when I ran the casting number...

69' 460
72' Police Interceptor
70' CJ

From many different sites... can someone run and then confirm my number?

C9VE-XX?

·
broncofied
1,476 Posts
My master catalog states

429/460
1968-1972 number for several models. Police interceptors were d2 and d3 castings. Cobra jets were a D0 casting.
You got a good set though:thumbup
Valves
2.09 Intake
1.65 exhaust
Port dimensions
intake 2.18x1.87
exhaust 1.99x1.30

·
Sway Is My Fan Club.
11,916 Posts
Spookshow ONE said:
Ok, I bought a set of ford heads for the 460, I got three different results when I ran the casting number...

69' 460
72' Police Interceptor
70' CJ

From many different sites... can someone run and then confirm my number?

C9VE-XX?
How did you get three different results from a '69 casting?

Like Dan said, if they were '72 PI or '70 CJs they'd have a casting number starting with a D to indicate 1970.

They're good heads. I've got C8s ['68] on my 429 and they're the same heads. With flat top pistons my CR is 10.5:1 though, so I have to run high test, yay.

·
Registered
1,243 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
BroncoBabe said:
How did you get three different results from a '69 casting?

Like Dan said, if they were '72 PI or '70 CJs they'd have a casting number starting with a D to indicate 1970.

They're good heads. I've got C8s ['68] on my 429 and they're the same heads. With flat top pistons my CR is 10.5:1 though, so I have to run high test, yay.
I looked at several different websites. Some said it was one head, others say another... Iunno...

So what kind of power am I looking at with a fresh block, off road cam and what not?

·
broncofied
1,476 Posts
Spookshow ONE said:
I looked at several different websites. Some said it was one head, others say another... Iunno...

So what kind of power am I looking at with a fresh block, off road cam and what not?
You tell me what spec you got on what cam intake carb headers etc. etc and i'll tell ya quick:thumbup

·
Registered
1,243 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
MANNY said:
You tell me what spec you got on what cam intake carb headers etc. etc and i'll tell ya quick:thumbup
cam performer 460 from edel
bored .030 over
4.3 stroke
performer dual plane edel
unsure of headers

1 - 7 of 7 Posts