Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i was looking to buy new heads for my bronco that have more flow than the stockers i gotta 78 with a 400m, i haven't been able to find any aftermarket heads for them anywhere. has anyone bought some or know where to find them thanks.

·
Sway Is My Fan Club.
11,927 Posts
I thought Edlebrock started making heads for those engines. I can't remember, seems like we talked about it on here one time before. :shrug

·
Registered
396 Posts
ok. look for heads from a '73 400, australian 302 heads, heads from a 351 cleveland, or cobra jet heads. CJ's and aussie's will give ya the best power gains.

·
Registered
368 Posts
Bronco Mels said:
I thought Edlebrock started making heads for those engines. I can't remember, seems like we talked about it on here one time before. :shrug
they make them but they're close to a grand each. air flow dynamics also makes some, but they to are expensive. i would also recommend the aussie heads.

·
Registered
1,779 Posts
I'm with TX Beast, the aftermarket 351C/M heads will set you back $2000 a set when it is all said and done. Just too damn expensive for a Bronco.

Buy a set of Aussie heads, just be sure to get the 302 heads. They should run about $250 a set, used.

·
Registered
1,225 Posts
Slightly of course...Before spending serious dough consider going to a 460...If its quick HP gains your looking for...You might want to sink your dough in either gears or different motor....If you can get any of the above replies cheap go for it..But buy at good prices...........My opinion...

·
Premium Member
23,551 Posts
edelbrock makes them
aussie heads are a good upgrade
and CHI makes them in 2v and 4v flavors, the 4v you have to run thier intake.

460's are nice, but I perfer the 400's

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
thanks guys, i found all the info i need on 73-79fordtrucks.com
oh and i just want to build up my 400 for sumthin to do

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.