·
Registered
3,127 Posts
Discussion Starter #52

·
Registered
214 Posts

Your not so bad yourself. :toothless

I'm not sure. It is about 2" longer than a stock 79 one. If you really want exact than I can get it for you later.
i have the same track bar and was wondering if i have it adjusted right

·
Registered
3,127 Posts
Discussion Starter #54
Well the track bar mount is the issue. If we have different mounts than the length will be different. If we put the mounts in different spots then the lengths will be different. What really matters is if your axle is centered under your truck. If you tighten your track bar then the axle will move to the driver side, loosen it and it goes to the passenger. I can still get you the measurement but I really don't think that it will matter.

·
Registered
214 Posts
Well the track bar mount is the issue. If we have different mounts than the length will be different. If we put the mounts in different spots then the lengths will be different. What really matters is if your axle is centered under your truck. If you tighten your track bar then the axle will move to the driver side, loosen it and it goes to the passenger. I can still get you the measurement but I really don't think that it will matter.
i was just using your track bar for refrence. my truckbar mount it maybe 2 inched closer then yours

·
Registered
3,127 Posts
Discussion Starter #60
Just a reminder to everyone who is not only doing SAS's but any work on their truck. Make sure that you check the torque on the bolts after they have had some time to settle. I told myself to do it but I always put it off to tomorrow. Well last weekend my girlfriend, dog and myself almost died when the bolt that connected the track bar to the mount fell out when I was driving 70+ down the freeway. I almost completly lost control. I somehow managed to cross 3 lanes of traffic and get to the side of the road without hitting anyone. Other than the fact that someone shit my pants everyone/thing is ok.

I will never make that mistake again!! Always check the torque!!

I put a lock nut on there this time so hopefully that won't loosen up again.

41 - 60 of 104 Posts