Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
negative creep
8,651 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok, i got to wondering: since a D50 TTB uses D44 sized shafts, would a D50 third member fit on a D44 TTB beam? i'm guessing no, but i am really bored and wonder if this will work.

·
shibby
4,828 Posts
The D50 third member is a direct bolt-in to replace the D44 third. Only difference I notice is that the vent breather is on the pass side top of the diff as opposed to the top of the diff on the 44 and that the pinion is slightly over to the driver's side a bit, maybe an inch or so. It's just enough to allow me less droop than I had with the 44 diff due to the driveshaft now sorta hitting the angled side of the tranny crossmember.

I did this myself last Saturday only because my D44 r&p is trash and I had a spare 4.56 D50 third laying around I could use. There is barely any strength upgrade if that's what you're looking for.

·
Registered
329 Posts
Lonestar_Bronco said:
I don't knoe much about TTB but, I assume the the D50 was the F250s equipment?
correct

some f25o'ds had dana 44 with leafs.. some say f350's had d50 ttb.

·
negative creep
8,651 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Dustball said:
I did this myself last Saturday only because my D44 r&p is trash and I had a spare 4.56 D50 third laying around I could use. There is barely any strength upgrade if that's what you're looking for.
just looking for more junkyard options. i want to just swap in a whokle third member from teh yard so i don't have to set up gears and shit. i figured that it would be easier to find a D50 in 4.10 than a D44.

thanks dustin

1 - 6 of 6 Posts